PDA

View Full Version : Question about free membership

Grizabella
04-01-2010, 05:44
I just had someone on Facebook mention to me that there are no free memberships on AT and I thought I'd ask about it because I don't have any other way to figure it out. Can people not join for free right now? I don't mean paid subscriptions sponsored by other people. I just mean free subscriptions where you sign up for AT in general. Maybe this person is doing something wrong----or something.

gregory
04-01-2010, 06:10
When you say free subscriptions - anyone can sign up - but cannot get into subscriber only areas - like chat. I don't know if there is a delay over the holiday season - but a lot of people have signed up and not subscribed over the last month, I note.... (Yes, I just checked the member list. There are several people who aren't subscribers who have joined within the last week.)

Now if your friend is trying to get into chat or something.....

Grizabella
04-01-2010, 06:20
It's not someone who is my friend, it's just someone who posted on my Facebook. I'll post back and let them know to go ahead and join if they want to. I know that sometime ago Solandia had stopped the sign-ups for a little while so I thought maybe she had done that again.

gregory
04-01-2010, 06:29
It's not someone who is my friend, it's just someone who posted on my Facebook. I'll post back and let them know to go ahead and join if they want to. I know that sometime ago Solandia had stopped the sign-ups for a little while so I thought maybe she had done that again.
Could it just be that they are one of those sorts of people who occasionally posts here that there OUGHT to be free memberships for the hard up - to which I always post back that almost EVERYTHING tarot is free for all and there has to be something to encourage people to subscribe and keep the place going .... ?

Grizabella
04-01-2010, 06:57
I don't know. I posted back to her that there's a huge amount available for free and that she should just go ahead and get a free membership if she wants to be able to participate, so we'll see what happens. :)

Alta
04-01-2010, 07:03
Free memberships were shut off during the Christmas period. They just re-opened a few hours ago. And yes, free memberships are still available.

Grizabella
04-01-2010, 10:16
Thank you, Alta. I'll relay that new information, too. :)