Missing one card, can I still use my Tarot?

midamah

Hello,

When I bought the deck, every card is there, but I noticed that one card "Death" is missing. I can't find it anywhere.

Should I continue to use my tarot deck?

also my other question, that has nothing to do with the topic title (I didn't want to make two separate posts)

I'm using "Quick and Easy Tarot"

And then why I was at Barnes and Noble, I bought a mini tarot deck called "Tarot to go."

I noticed that the card explanations on the "Quick and Easy" tarot deck is different that the explanations, in my "Tarot to go" book. This leaves me highly confused, because now, I'm not even sure which one is accurate.

Is this common to have different explanations? What should I do?

Sheri

You can still use your deck. The cards have different meanings within the context of readings, and the other cards, along with the combinations of the cards will make up for the missing cards.

Regarding the disconnect you are discovering between varied Tarot sources. Welcome to reading! What meaning resonates with you? It might vary by reading. I started with books also and put them away when I discovered there were conflicting meanings and meanings I didn't agree with. I decided that my meanings were just as relevant as the others and haven't looked back.

You may be ready to interpret the cards for yourself... and put the books and other sources of meanings away.

:love: Sheri

midamah

Thank you for answering! I appreciate it!

I have one more question,

Do you know of any sites, or does anyone have information on "Tarot Card Combination's?" I saw the book at my local barns and noble, but because my family does not agree with studying tarot (they don't know I'm using it) I can buy the book. Someone is always in my room snooping around.

canid

I don't have that particular book, but Tarot for the Green Witch by Ann Moura has half of the book dedicated to combinations. But if your family doesn't approve of tarot, they probably wouldn't like this lying around.

cardlady22

I just did an Internet search for "tarot combinations" and it brought up a couple of blogs, etc.

ETA: I was going to suggest using your library's InterLibraryLoan program & read through the books there. But, if your card is built in with your family's, then they would be able to access what you checked out. Library info is also Public Record in many places.

Rasa

If I purchased a deck and there was a card missing, I would return it to the store. Most places would have no problem exchanging it.
Yes, it is possible to use it still, but it's not a full deck anymore...
To me, Tarot is like a language, and a missing card is like not having an important word in the vocabulary. And I would say that Death is a pretty important symbol to be missing!
If you are not able to get a new copy of the deck, or a replacement card, you could look and see if there is a title card in the deck.... a lot of decks have an extra card or two, that has the title of the deck, or tells what other decks are available from the publisher, or something like that, and these cards usually have the same back as the others, so you could mix one into the deck and call it your Death card.

I think the best way to learn about combinations is slowly over time, by seeing how the cards interact with each other in a reading.
Start out by doing short spreads, maybe 3 cards. First interpret each of the cards separately, then look at what things they have in common, how they're different, whether they create a story together, etc.
There are soooo many possible combinations, and ways that the cards can influence each other, I don't know how a book could really teach it.

souljourney

I would do what Rasa said... like all those suggestions of what to do about the missing card.

Morgane_49

midamah said:
Hello,

When I bought the deck, every card is there, but I noticed that one card "Death" is missing. I can't find it anywhere.

It sounds like the 'snoop' may have removed the card for you, if it was there when you bought the deck.

I wouldn't read with a missing card, especially one as important as a Major.

Rasa

Morgane_49 said:
It sounds like the 'snoop' may have removed the card for you, if it was there when you bought the deck.

I wouldn't read with a missing card, especially one as important as a Major.
the 'snoop' ?

I'm confused-- who is this snoop of whom you speak?
*looks around suspiciously, hoping there are no snoops lurking about her apartment who wish to steal her cards*