Going to depths I dont want to go....

saleeneh

I need some advice... I did a reading this past week for a friend of mine. She is a very spiritual person, in fact she is a GPs and a strong practicing wiccan. She owns her own metaphysical business and is involved in this stuff everyday of her life. I have known her for years before all this and we are close. I visit her every week or so.. she is a tarot reader of course. I have read for her a few times and she is asking me to read for her now which I consider an honor since she knows many readers she could turn to..well the other day she wanted me to read for her because she is getting increasingly more visions, she is getting sick and cant sleep etc .. I reluctantly read for her because i knew this was going to go deeper than I would want, I wont go in to detail but I physicallly started to shake, I felt cold, then went pale.. it has taken me two days to recover from this and the reading stil isnt finished...i told her i would come back monday.. now what should i do, she is my friend she needs help but I dont want to go through this again.. do you have any ideas of how I can protect myself in this situation??

Sulis

What's a GPs?

If it were me and she was my friend then I'd tell her the truth and say that I feel out of my depth and that I'd sooner she go to someone with more experience.
You don't have to read for anyone or about anything that you don't have to and if she's your friend I'm sure she'll understand.

Marcia959

I agree that as a reader you have the choice to say that for this reading for her, it's just not working out and that you recommend that she try someone else. I think she would respect you for your honesty.

In addition, though, I think you might benefit from some grounding exercises. It seems like you may have the jitters combined with empathic intuition and you are "feeling what she's feeling" just a little too much. Sensing it and making it your own are two different things. Grounding is a process designed just to do that, protect you, establish boundaries, preserve you while you are sensing others' situations.

Best wishes.

SunChariot

Sulis said:
What's a GPs?

If it were me and she was my friend then I'd tell her the truth and say that I feel out of my depth and that I'd sooner she go to someone with more experience.
You don't have to read for anyone or about anything that you don't have to and if she's your friend I'm sure she'll understand.

Those are exactly my thoughts.

Babs

Demon Goddess

Grounding exercises seem to be an excellent suggestion, but if like most readers you are already doing that, then I must side with SunChariot and Sulis and suggest that you send her along to someone who can handle the intensity of the reading.

In all honesty, though, my heart tells me to tell you to face that fear and do the reading, even if it takes several sessions, because behind such intense emotions, lie your most intense strengths.

Good luck

nisaba

Sulis said:
What's a GPs?
<puzzled> A Global Positioning System, I thought.

Sulis said:
I second that. There are techniques for shielding yourself, but if it's having that strong a *physical* effect on you, I sincerely doubt that they'd work for you in this specific situation.

cardlady22

GPs = possibly a typo for HPs (High Priestess)

franniee

saleeneh said:
I reluctantly read for her because i knew this was going to go deeper than I would want, I wont go in to detail but I physicallly started to shake, I felt cold, then went pale.. it has taken me two days to recover from this and the reading stil isnt finished...i told her i would come back monday.. now what should i do, she is my friend she needs help but I dont want to go through this again.. do you have any ideas of how I can protect myself in this situation??

Saleeneh - Mi-shel posted this thread that was so very poignant about hugging blue. She has a friend who when she hugged her she knew she was ill. I know you don't want to go there but sometimes we know things that are terrible..... you may need to speak with her to help her through this. I would bring it up very gently..... dance around it a bit to gauge how much she knows and how much she can handle..... and then very gently I would speak with her. Tell her you feel that she may need to go get this or that checked out.

It is rough when we know something we don't want to know.... I've been there. I would very much rather avoid it! Usually when I know something the sitter also knows it.... doesn't want to recognize it but knows it none the less..... so I am betting she has a clue.... you need to be true to yourself and your friend and very very gently bring it up. :heart: Bring a hematite crystal and a black obsidean and even maybe a lapiz or malachite and very carefully ask your guides to protect you and keep you safe while you deliver the message you need to... you need to ground. Sea Salt is good.... deep breathing - a flame - some water.... whatever it is you do to keep grounded and protected do. Say a prayer to keep you safe and send her light.

Much love to you!!! and HUGS!

re-pete-a

All new experiences are guarded by not wanting to change.

THe problem is not your friend , it's not the cards,it's not them, it's you.

It's suggested that you ask yourself ,

"What is this fear that I'm not willing to experience.!

run that through to it's conclusions, be brave.

saleeneh

Hi all thanks for your support ..

Ok, sorry the GHPs... should be grand high priestess.. sorry it was a typo and not to be confused with a Garmin nisaba..LOL!! If you know some techniques can you let me know? I do grounding exercises but I do have to say that when I went to visit I did not prepare because I didnt know she was going to have me read for her.. and I hadnt seen her for a couple of weeks so didnt know her situation. I will be prepared on Monday. Her physical sickness is just a symptom of what is going on with her life right now (she is normally healthy) anyway she isnt sleeping because of this. The first cards I pulled did show me her guide.. very strongly that is why I started to shake this has happened before when I have been strongly effected by spirits... it isnt painful just weird it was as the reading progressed and other stuff came out that I phyically became ill. Maybe I was picking up on her sickness also.. I dont know..I plan to be much more prepared when I go back. I want to make sure I am protected and not as vulnerable as I was. I do feel I need to help her get to the bottom of this.I am fearful because of the unknown I do have to admit.. this reading is on such a different level than my normal ones.. you know job, career, money, relationship etc. Anyway, that being said.. I have to say the things I said were pretty amazing.. LOL. I didnt even know that I knew some of the things I was saying. Maybe I didnt?? It was almost as if I was being more of a medium than a reader... has this happened to others?? i appreciate all of your advice. I will let you know next week how it goes, but if anyone has any more ideas please let me know.. I appreciate it.....S.