How do you cleanse tourmaline??

saleeneh

Hi all

I let my husband borrow my tourmaline and he gave it back to me all sucked dry.. I am serious it weighs so much less than when I gave it to him..(Yes, I know my husband has serious base chakra issues..LOL. His back is always hurting..) well I dont think it should be set in light should it?, and it needs more than smudging.. any ideas?? thanks

lark

What color is it?

saleeneh

i forgot

It is black..

CrystalKeeper

instead of setting it in the sun, what about setting it next to sun-charged gold in the kitchen? if you cook with sage, thyme, or rosemary it will automatically become smudged as everyone cooks meals for the family. maybe a piece of smooth quartz will help too. i prefer to charge items in wood, but if you like alot of moon essence, a silver singing bowl http://www.singingbowlshop.com/singingbowls-9.html will work nicely too during the beginning of a cycle.

*EPIPHANY* i think i'm a bit of a kitchen witch...

Briar Rose

From what I remember, Black Tourmaline is one stone that doesn't need cleansing. I think I remember that it cleanses all others.

But if you really want to, I would just run it under cool water, dry it off, and lite some sage.

BodhiSeed

Personal opinion only, but I believe if I hold my stones and send thanks and gratitude to them (rather than asking something from them such as healing or protection), it cleanses them. I've also used incense, tingshas and a singing bowl. I sort of see it as a "spa" day for them.:D

saleeneh

good answers thank you!

I am also a kitchen witch. As I write this I have rosemary and thyme drying on my kitchen counter. I planted all my own herbs and dried many of them but my husband did one of his famous "everything that is yours has to be thrown away" cleanings and now my herbs are mostly gone : ( I do smudging, and I will try moonlight also. Have you heard about burying it in dirt.? According to my rock guy toumaline does need cleaned it is kyanite that doesnt need cleansed. thanks again.

CrystalKeeper

yeah, i often bury hematite and other items harbor negative energies in earth for three to five days. Otherwise I will place it in a wooden drawer wrapped in paper or linen. earth really clears out and recharges stones and crystals that trap/channel negative flows. sprinkling earth and natural salt about the item or location can also be effective.