Pam Deck Dream

victoria.star

I had a dream last nite.
I have never seen this deck, a Pamela Coleman Smith deck, blue backs with white roses and other blue flowers.
The girl who had it really wanted me to see these three cards, but when I was blown away by the antiquity of the deck, she walked away.
She then started giving a Crowley reading about a certain card and I wanted to tell her that Crowley was Thoth-based, not RWS, but she was having none of it.
She went on and on about what Crowley said about this numbered card...

I was moved to tears by the Pam Deck in my dream. It was carried in a leather case that had seen many years and many hands. I kept trying to tell her that she should protect the deck, that it was very valuable...she scoffed at my concern for monetary things and from then on I was kept away from the beautiful deck.

It was literally the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen. It wasn't about the monetary worth though, it was about the stories and the teachings and the inner beauty...

oh, so anyone ever seen a deck like this? does it exist or is it a dreamtime gift?

Grizabella

Well, there's a RWS deck with backs that are described like that but it's not actual pictures of roses as you might think. It's a fairly abstract pattern of blue and white backs. I'm not sure where I've seen a picture that shows it but I had one at one time. Maybe someone can post a link for you here to see if it's the same back as what you saw in your dream.

victoria.star

No question about it! The photo fairly jumped off the screen at me!
ClickMe!

And, in the dream I had chills, shivers, goosebumps and tears as I realized how important the deck was...
I am not surprised it actually exists and now I wonder who was showing it to me and why?

yirabeth

Hmmm...if you weren't aware of this deck's existence, and dreamed of it..I think you should buy it and see what it has to say to you...

~Yira

Cerulean

Glad you shared

And hope you feel like giving us notes about your dream deck.

Once I saw a beautiful HPS image near water in a dream and it has given me delight in the image ever after...hope your deck speaks to you in real life too.

Cerulean

nisaba

Grigori said:
The Rose and Lily back on the Original didn't start on that deck I think, my understanding was it occured on one of the very early versions of the deck, during Waite's lifetime.
Given the reported feel of the dream, I feel VS may have been dreaming of one of that original print-run.

Wendywu

There was one early Pam deck with a roses-and-lilies back, the other Pams all had the crackle back.

The roses-and-lilies was I think on the very first Pam deck and is incredibly hard to find and very expensive. It is of course reproduced on the Original :) I am fortunate enough to have a Pam B with crackle back and to be honest, the roses-and-lilies is prettier...