Advice needed!! Death questions.

Glitterbird

I'm hoping you all have some good pointers for me. I have two regular clients that have very sick loved ones. And they are always asking to know how much time is left. I try to just stick to what the cards say with out being too specific, I hate to be blunt and say "everybody dies, I cant tell you when." but maybe I should. I have a session with one of these clients next week. I know its all she thinks about. My compassion sometimes gets in the way of a reading. Are there any "stock" answers you guys give, when you get these kind of questions? Any ideas are appreciated!

Lilija

I would actually say exactly what you said. It's the truth.

I would then steer the conversation from morose and doomsaying to a more holistic, healing, helpful mode. I would offer to ask different questions, relating to health and their passing, are they comfortable, is there anything they need, how can the sitter help them, lots of stuff to help put the sitter's mind at ease, and potentially ease the grief and stress for everyone involved, including the terminally ill.

Amanda

What are your ethics regarding death? I tell people right up front that I don't deal with it. There was a time that I sensed death in the cards, but I didn't tell my sitter a thing because I didn't want them to worry about it. I never talked to this woman again, so I have no idea what happened, but if I would have told her that her husband was going to be killed, she would have consistantly worried about it, and I would have been responsible for stealing happiness from this woman's life. Whether he was killed or not, I don't know, I just hope I was wrong on that feeling.

You however, are in the opposite position. This woman is stealing her own happiness and peace of mind. She's asking you "when" in order to be prepared. So what can you do to restore her peace of mind? That is really only something you can answer regarding your own ethics on death. If I were in your position, I would say, "I can't tell you when this person is going to die, because ultimately it is up to that person and they have the free will to choose when they leave this world and their physical body behind." Then, I would work on restoring the sitter's peace with the inevitable.

Just my 2 cents.

214red

just tell them you cant tell them, not even mediumship readings can tell you that as spirits cant tell you when someone is going to die.

franniee

They don't want to really know..... no matter how much they tell you they do. I would just phrase the questions as what they need to know about the situation or about how to help their loved ones.... that is what I have done. :heart:

Baroli

I agree with Franniee. No one really wants to know how much time either they or their family or loved-ones have. I would do as Franniee suggests.

Sinduction

I have tried this, over and over, and I can never get clear answers.

I think it is because time does not exist the same way. We are so concerned about timing on earth but on the other side, they don't have the same concept of time that we do. That's what the problem is, imo, but that might be too woo-woo of an answer.

So, even someone wanting and willing to try to figure out times of death can't do it. :D

SunChariot

Glitterbird said:
I'm hoping you all have some good pointers for me. I have two regular clients that have very sick loved ones. And they are always asking to know how much time is left. I try to just stick to what the cards say with out being too specific, I hate to be blunt and say "everybody dies, I cant tell you when." but maybe I should. I have a session with one of these clients next week. I know its all she thinks about. My compassion sometimes gets in the way of a reading. Are there any "stock" answers you guys give, when you get these kind of questions? Any ideas are appreciated!

I personally don't do timing questions or yes/no questions, neither works well for me. So for me I would say that timing questions are not very accurate in Tarot as the timing of something can change, and leave it at that. But of course if you have already done timing questions for them on other topics that makes it hard to change tracks later on. And imagine if you were wrong. If you say one month and they live 6 months or miraculously heal....it would really be upsetting to them.

Babs

Babs

Grizabella

Even a person's doctor who is taking care of them as death is approaching can't tell exactly when a person will die. I've been in the caregiving business for a long time and I've done hospice work, too. It's my belief that we're not allowed to know when a person's life will end. If anyone should be able to predict the time, it would seem to me that a doctor would know better than anyone but they don't. You might tell your sitter that and tell them that a person's exact time of death isn't to be known by anyone till it happens.

I can sometimes sense within a couple of weeks when someone is going to pass but even then, I'm not allowed to know it about everyone. Just for some, for some reason and never the exact time. Not even the day much less the hour.

moonmorgan

I second what Grizabella has said.

I worked in a hospice for years, and have experienced first hand how unpredictable the Angel of Death can be - from surprising passings, to very poor prognosis being completely wrong and leading to complete, miraculous recoveries.

Why not try and get the clients to focus on the 'here and now' and the time they HAVE with their loved ones, rather than 'how long' they have left, and get every day to count?

Making the most of today is a valuable lesson I learned whilst there.....