Pages/Knights? Which do you choose?

vanity

I use my Clow deck as my main lately. In the meanings I've garnered and their equivalent to the suits, there are Pages -> Queens -> Kings.
For those who use oracle decks and also have suit equivalents, what do you do? Pages and Knights are basically two steps of the same ladder, so what meaning do you tend to go by? Or do you just use both Pages and Knights meanings?

I shuffled earlier and asked how my bf feels about me right now. I pulled the Page of Cups (THE TIME). But there are no Knight equivalents in this 52 card deck. Should I just mesh Page and Knight Cups meanings together to obtain my answer?

cardlady22

If I was going by the playing card suits alone, I'd use Knight meanings for the red/outward and the Page meanings for the black/inward. In the specific case of the Clow, I'd have to see what each card title added to the particular area.

ETA: Did the company that published the Clow assign these or was it done by a fan?

Shot
Time
Watery
Shield

vanity

What do you mean by red/outward? Like outward would be normal and inward would be reverse?

Yeah, it was published in the translated Fortune book, actually!

cardlady22

The playing card system I use says that the red suits (Hearts & Diamonds) are active, outward-pouring energies: creation & evaluation. So, the Knights would be bringing /spreading it outward. The black suits (Clubs & Spades) are internal processes: learning & intuition. So, the Pages would be bringing what the Lord or Lady needed from "out there" inward.

I just got a copy of the pink Clow Cards, but I can't read the booklet. Is it saying what you posted?

vanity

Ah, I see! That's an interesting system. THE TIME's playing card equivalent is the Jack of Hearts.

moonlitunderground.org had the translation. She has the link in her profile site button. She posted on the Clow discussion thread. xD

cardlady22

Yes, then I would read The Time as associated with the Knight of Cups qualities. Now I've got that song If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do :grin: Very sentimental/dreamy.