PDA

View Full Version : help with a stone please?

mingbop
20-01-2010, 05:03
Has anybody ever heard of anything called "lightning stone " ? I dont know what colour it was, maybe even see through - not sure. But it felt smooth and polished like glass and it was egg sized. ?

CrystalKeeper
20-01-2010, 05:32
i think lightning stone is any stone that has been struck with lightning. The stone may be polished in order to make it more pretty, and it is likely to be any color or texture. You can purchase fulgurite at a rock shop and pay to have it tumbled.
http://geology.about.com/od/rocks/ig/fulgurites/

canid
20-01-2010, 06:43
Fire opal, or black opal, from Lightning Ridge, Australia is sometimes called lightning stone.

http://gemstonestrade.tribe.net/photos/61d4e66d-2467-4909-8a50-7ea2b9912702

mingbop
20-01-2010, 08:26
Ooh ty . This stone was smooth and polished and round, so def not the fulgurite.. even polished that would never be like glass I dont think. Ty very much x :)

CrystalKeeper
20-01-2010, 14:22
canid!!! that is SO beautiful!!

ming, fulgurite is like a geode-- it is rough on the outside and smooth, like glass, on the inside.

the lightning strikes the stone, sand, etc. and forms a kind of tube shape in the material it strikes. but the inside of the tube has been superheated by the lightning and is all sparkly and pretty. maybe the insides of the tube are harvested and tumbled for some special property.

.... so now i have to ask... what are the properties of lightning stone?? would it be fire energy? something to jumpstart change or action??? hmmmm very interesting indeed!

MCsea
20-01-2010, 14:39
canid!!! that is SO beautiful!!

ming, fulgurite is like a geode-- it is rough on the outside and smooth, like glass, on the inside.

the lightning strikes the stone, sand, etc. and forms a kind of tube shape in the material it strikes. but the inside of the tube has been superheated by the lightning and is all sparkly and pretty. maybe the insides of the tube are harvested and tumbled for some special property.

.... so now i have to ask... what are the properties of lightning stone?? would it be fire energy? something to jumpstart change or action??? hmmmm very interesting indeed!

IMHO (from the book Crystal Astrology) Fulgurite or glass made from lightning (I have some fro Lybia too which looks just like glass) there is a movie where I guy makes art from this - whats it called.. hmm cant remember

OK just googled it - SWEET HOME ALABAMA

So I feel Fulurite resonates with the Sabian Symbol: An electrical storm
WHich is Taurus 2 Birthdays: April 20th 21st Numerology: 32
Key Word: Transformation
has a similar energy to Electrum or Fulgurite (Electrum is a naturally-occurring, gold-silver-copper metal). Fulgurite as discussed is lightning-fused quartz - sand etc. Spiritually, both crystal elements aid in transition; echoes the Tower tarot card.
A Message from Fulgurite: Alchemy, power and force transform mundane life to that of purest gold.
The Focus: Sudden and unexpected life events act as a catalyst for awareness, insight, and purification.
A suggested Affirmation: My talent for transformation brings immediate revelations.

Majecot
20-01-2010, 15:18
IMHO (from the book Crystal Astrology) Fulgurite or glass made from lightning (I have some fro Lybia too which looks just like glass) there is a movie where I guy makes art from this - whats it called.. hmm cant remember

OK just googled it - SWEET HOME ALABAMA

Ha! I was just picturing that movie in my head. I guess I thought fulgurite had the more Hollywood look to it than those pictures showed.

MCsea
20-01-2010, 17:29
Hi
I do love that movie - I have to say anyway
yes fulgurite comes in many forms - I have some red sand fulgurite which is quite black - but its awesome
Marina

canid
20-01-2010, 22:36
Ohmygosh, I think I may have some fulgurite! I'm gonna have to go dig in the snow to find for a pic. Is the inside 'greasy', like opal? I've not been able to identify this stone in over a decade!

canid
21-01-2010, 00:57
I finally identified my rock! It's hyalite opal - it's fluorescent green under UV light. This pic isn't very good because I couldn't fit it all the way inside my UV nail lamp, but it's a really bright green.

mingbop
21-01-2010, 07:22
ok thanks everybody. Need to think over this one and also wait and see what happens next !