Dividing up your collection by the 4 elements

hunter

I have 2 altars and keep different decks on them. I started thinking of them as my purple altar and my seasonal altar, and then thought of them as my self-soothing and grounding altars and today I realized one was basically an earth element altar and the other a water element altar. Now I want an altar for each element and want to divide my decks up by elements.

My earth altar has The Shining Tribe, Sacred Path and Medicine Cards on it.

My water element altar has the Zerner-Farber and the Tarot of Transformation on it.

I will put the Vanessa on my Fire altar, when I make one.

My Da Vinci Enigma will go on the air altar.

Which element if for playful? I don't know where the Rabbit Tarot goes.

Which of your favorite decks go with which element in your mind?

Golden Moon

the rabbit tarot should go on the earth elemt, just because they are animals and animals area bout earth/

avalonian

Golden Moon said:
the rabbit tarot should go on the earth elemt, just because they are animals and animals area bout earth/

And, of course, rabbits live in burrows underground, so earth would make perfect sense.

hunter

hmmm...okay. I'll have to think about this.

Which element is playful, though?

Nostalgia is water? I'm thinking 6 of cups.

emmsma

I think earth can be playful. I think of the Empress, a happy pregnant woman. Full of the joy of Life and Creation.

Rabbit Tarot. Definitely Earth. :D

But thats just how I see it.

What would make the Rabbits fit into the other elements, as you see it, Hunter?

DaisyDragonfly

I think wands are playful ... fire chuckles, and dances, and just like when children play it can soon get out of hand if it's not carefully watched :)

And for some reason I associate hares with air... but I don't have the Rabbit Tarot, so I'm not sure what element energy it has. From the pictures I've thought fire, but rabbits are definitely very earthy.

Cool idea!

hunter

I guess I don't see earth as playful at all, and the bunnies are so playful. Also the deck has had a SERIOUS history of enabling me. I bought it at the same time I entered a short and intense period of acting out, like I had never done in my life before. Before trying a new to me activity, I'd ask the bunnies if I should and they always yelled "Go ahead!" while looking up at me with those cute little faces.

I just cannot wrap my mind around the idea of the bunnies, being solid and practical, after what they told me I could do.

I think maybe fire is right for this deck for me. They taught me to play with fire.

Maybe air for other people. Medicine Cards lists rabbit as fear, which would be an air issue.

Nobody else has a deck/s that they want to assign an elemental association to?

I really want to start a fire altar now, for my fire decks.

Where does the Halloween Tarot go?

Mystic Fairies are air, right? I never really gave this deck a chance yet, and need to sit down with it at some point.

I've studied a bit about healing assigned to the 4 elements and first 4 chakras which line up with the 4 elements. I think having assigned the decks to elements will help me choose the correct deck to heal with in a crisis when I'm too scattered to really feel out which deck to pick in the moment. Even in a crisis, sometimes we know which element/chakra is out of whack, even if we are too messed up to know how to fix it. A bookcase altar that has everything from cards, self-help books, candles etc on the shelves assigned to the element would be a powerful healing tool, I think.

MYFIGO

Rabbit Earth

I too think the Rabbit cards belong to the earth. I immediately think of "Alice in Wonderland" whenever I think of rabbits! Playful, magical, mystical rabbits!

Sulis

The rabbit or hare corresponds with fertility and The Goddess... I'd say it's a creature of Earth because of this and also because it lives in the Earth, in burrows.