A Deck for all Moods

Golden Moon

I've been thinking of assigning a deck to read depending on my moods. Does anyone do this at all? if so let me know which decks and for which moods.:)

Debra

What a great question!

Wanting something really practical, I use Victorian Romantic.

If I'm feeling analytic and wanting to really think hard, I use Victoria Regina.

Hoping to tap into the stream of history, I use a Marseille deck with majors only.

Feeling light-hearted, I use any cat deck that comes to hand, or the Gummy Bears.

Feeling existential and deep, I use the Rotin.

When I'm depressed, I don't read tarot at all.

When I'm cranky, I use Rider-Waite. :p

Golden Moon

Debra said:
Wanting something really practical, I use Victorian Romantic.

If I'm feeling analytic and wanting to really think hard, I use Victoria Regina.

Hoping to tap into the stream of history, I use a Marseille deck with majors only.

Feeling light-hearted, I use any cat deck that comes to hand, or the Gummy Bears.

Feeling existential and deep, I use the Rotin.

When I'm depressed, I don't read tarot at all.

When I'm cranky, I use Rider-Waite. :p

Nice... :D now imagin a bipolar?

BeyondtheVeil

My decks for my "moods"

I usually use The New Palladini Tarot most of the time. It is also very helpful even when I am not really into a reading or feel like doing one.

I love using the DruidCraft for all reading circles and for when I want to take my time and give "My" not book or traditional meanings. I have never read the book that came with it nor know the symbols... but I think I can give pretty good readings with it. I also won't use this for reading exchanges for more than one card. It just gets too detailed and long if I do.

I use the Daughters of the Moon Tarot ONLY when I really need to know something bluntly. They seem to give it to you "matter of factly" and sometimes I am not ready for that. I guess it gives readings like I do. :laugh:. They have been in storage and I have actually thought about using them for readings to see if this has changed.

I have other decks, but these I really turn to.

For some reason the regular Rider Waite deck that I have is only good for :love: readings. It has been packed away until tonight also... so I am thinking of trying it out to see if it will do something other than love readings.

Now I feel weird saying all of that, but it is true for "me". :)
BeyondtheVeil

Alan Ross

Practical: Hanson-Roberts, Spiral
Cheerful: Robin Wood, Napo
Serious: Thoth, LS Secret
Fun: Baroque Bohemian Cats, All Hallows, Vanessa, or Housewives
Fanciful: One of Ciro's decks, Fey Tarot, Paulina, or Manga Tarot
Sexy: Lunatic Tarot, Sensual Wicca
Romantic: Victorian Romantic, Cosmic Tarot
Dark: Archeon, Deviant Moon, or Bohemian Gothic
Meditative: Osho Zen, Vision Quest
Traditional: Ancient Italian, Tarot de Marseille, Touchstone

BeyondtheVeil

So Golden Moon.. what are your decks for your moods? :grin:

BTV

Ambrosia

I just think the whole idea of moods is that you can't plan and prepare for them.
Sure you can have certain decks that you TEND to gravitate toward when you are in certain moods, but to actually ASSIGN a certain deck for a certain mood seems kind of rigid to me. I would probably end up resenting having to use that deck because I would feel I HAVE to use it lol.
I tend to just pick out what I feel like using as the mood strikes me.

Golden Moon

BeyondtheVeil said:
So Golden Moon.. what are your decks for your moods? :grin:

BTV

Oh ma'am, I don't even know, I go through so many moods and have a total of 12 Tarot Decks, it's hard to keep track lol. I'm sure my decks will neglect me when i'm at any random given mood:D hahahaha.

BeyondtheVeil

Golden Moon said:
Oh ma'am, I don't even know, I go through so many moods and have a total of 12 Tarot Decks, it's hard to keep track lol. I'm sure my decks will neglect me when i'm at any random given mood:D hahahaha.

:laugh: I think my decks were glad to be hidden for awhile! :grin:

iceclone

When I'm in the mood to do some tarot spells, I like using my Hanson Roberts (It's my first deck). I've used it before and it worked, so now I'm trying to reserve that deck for magic.