Silver Rings

thinbuddha

I have some sterling silver rings. I've never really worn rings except for a wedding band (and that was short lived). Long story short: my hands hurt after a day of wearing the rings. I'm not sure if they are too tight or if there is something else going on (accupressure points, silver alergy, psychosomatic???). My hand tingles as if I slept with it under my body. The rings don't seem tight, but maybe I just don't know how loose rings ought to be?

Any ideas?

Eowyn

If you shake your hand and the rings won't fall off your fingers, if they don't slip off when you wash your hands, plus if you can EASILY slip them off, I mean, effortless, then they are probably right in size. But you can always ask in a good jewellery store.

Would it be too much to ask if you could post an image of your fingers with the rings, so we can see the form of your fingers with the rings on? Perhaps they are a little small.

If it's not much to ask... do you have any problem involving swelling of the hands, feet, etc, before? Just want to help :)

I have used rings for years. Silver. Never happened/felt like that, even in hot temperatures when I have needed to take them off due a natural small swelling.

.traveller.

I have trouble with rings when I am using a computer for long periods of time. They feel tight/pinchy and uncomfortable/itchy when I use the keyboard/mouse/stylus, but not at any other time.

It does sound like your rings may be too tight.

Go to a jeweler and have them size you and the rings, that way you will know whether it is the rings or just the activities you are doing.

HearthCricket

A ring should be neither tight nor loose. You want it to go over the knuckle with some pressure, but not squeeze it on. At that point if wearing it leaves a mark, it is too tight. Our hands and fingers swell and shrink according to how much sodium we have in us (bloating), the weather (tighter when hot, looser when cold) and other health issues. It is best to go to a jeweler after NOT wearing any rings for about a week. This allows your finger to reach its normal thickness. They have tons of ring sizes to try and don't worry, you don't have to buy anything to have your ring sizes measured. Silver is soft and very inexpensive to size. Also, do not go after a salty meal, exercising or on a hot or super cold day. Hands also swell up as the day goes on, so if possible, mid-day is the best time to be sized. How loose or tight you wear your rings are also personal choice and what is most comfortable. I cannot wear ring on my pointy finger. It drives me crazy. The best jewelers will also tell you it is healthiest to remove your rings at night to provide best circulation. Good luck!!

Briar Rose

I do know that the Chinese believe the the pressure points on the fingers, where the rings would sit. Try what HC says, and then it it still bothers you , maybe the your pressure points are very sensitive. All the best to you!

morticia monroe

You may be extra sensitive to the silver. Same thing happened to me with a moldavite ring. It makes my hand tingle so badly I cant wear it.

LeaRoseQuartz

I have rings that I wear when I gain or lose some weight, and some that I wear when it's hot or cold. I buy them at different times of the year, when I see one I want. But, then I have these different sizes, that I wish I could wear all the time, lol! Mine are all silver, except my gold wedding rings. I like rings to be snug enough, so that they don't slide around on my finger. I wore a loose ring one time in a pool, and I had to ask a woman who could dive in deep water, to get it back for me. Another time, I was in some woods, and I went to point at something, and flung the ring I was wearing , into the tall grass. Some one helping me, luckly. found it!

thinbuddha

Thanks all. I've loosened them up a bit, and don't wear them every day anymore, and this seems to help.