bags for my decks?

rachinabox

I don't know about you guys... but my decks' boxes are BEAT UP. I desperately want bags to keep my decks in... I'm thinking organza maybe (because they are cheap)?

What do you keep your deck(s) in?

Where did you get your bag/organza bag? and what SIZE would I need for the average deck?

gregory

I get organza bags from Dollarama at 2 for a buck (CDN). They're 5 1/2 inches by 8 (including the bit at the top that just plays at being a frill when the drawstring is closed....)

I also bought a few to raise money for Haiti this week (see minrice for details) - and I also bought a bundle from someone who needed cash.... But usually I just use the boxes the decks came in.

I couldn't bear to have to pass up on a deck because I had spent all my cash on bags.... :D

cardlady22

Have you seen this index of threads?
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=53430

I love minrice's bags!

The organza are cheap, but can come apart at the seam or rip. I would think the hardest part of a simple cloth bag is the drawstring. But you could get around it by making an extended flap that comes down the front.

rachinabox

thanks you guys!!! I am going to spend some good quality time with that thread now :D

<3

Sulis

I don't like organza bags because they offer no protection and they're made out of man-made stuff; I like my decks to be housed in natural fibres.

I make my own bags out of cotton velvet or cotton lined with dupion silk or cotton. You can see them by clicking the 'Website' button underneath this post. Quite a lot of ATers have their decks in my bags and they all seem to like them :).

olivia1

rachinabox said:
What do you keep your deck(s) in?

Where did you get your bag/organza bag?

most of my decks are in zip lock bags. the one deck I couldn't connect with is in its box. The only one of my decks with its own bag- a velvet one- is Universal Tarot (and only because its my favorite deck). I got my bag on ebay but if I had known about the different ATers who sell bags, I probably would've bought from them.

BeyondtheVeil

I like these bags...

Baba Studio in Prague has some gorgeous bags! Here is the link-
http://baba-store.com/

Karen is a member here and she is always so helpful and sweet! I just ordered a tarot bag and can't wait to get it. I will also be ordering a barrel purse also to keep my decks in when I travel. :)

FatesLady is also making me a Fuzzy custom tarot bag.

I also have one made by my daughter and one made by a friend when I first started Tarot.

The rest I found at shops that weren't really for Tarot decks, but I liked the bags. They look like make up cases, things like that. I think they are perfect though.

So just look around and find something that you think would be cute to put your cards in.

BeyondtheVeil

Teheuti

I knit fitted cases with cotton or cotton/silk yarn. They keep a rectangular box shape and are the exact size of my decks. Most bags are too loose and let the cards smush around when I carry them in my purse.

gregory

There are many here who make lovely bags - Sulis, for one..... I am just too too MEAN !

Morgane_49

If I use the organza bags at all, it's just a temporary thing until I get a bag made that matches the 'personality' of the deck. (I never leave mine in boxes.)

I make my own, and I'm trying to learn to crochet because I really like the look of those bags.

The dollar stores here in Ontario actually sell some very nice satin ones with flower appliques on them for $1.25 each!