Is the Normal?

midamah

Hello, again. :eek:)

I was wondering, is it normal to in-vision a tarot card, while your talking to someone, or are in a certain situation?

For example, my friend could be telling me about an issue that she is having with a guy, and all of a sudden, in my mind, I see the fool card floating by and then it disappears.

Also, when I was giving an oracle reading on the oracle games board, I saw "the lovers" card fade in and out in my mind.

Am I doing this, or has anyone else experience this, is this something that just happens because your use to going to the cards for answers, therefore you in-vision the card you would get?

MareSaturni

Well... i don't "see" the cards because i don't have this gift. But some cards pop up in my mind during certain situations.

Like when i'm talking to a friend, and he or she tell me something that immediately reminds me of a tarot card.

Or when i tell my best friend, who reads tarot too, that i'm going through a "Hanged Man" moment.

Or after i arrive back home after a tiring day of walking on eggshells at work and think "what a hell of 7 of Swords day".

And so on.

I guess it's normal after a while studying and living with tarot cards - they somehow become a part of your language. Even a part of your unconscious, so you see them, dream about them etc. When your conscious mind perceives and recognizes a situation, your unconscious mind immediately supplies a tarot card that has something to do with it.

Whether this can be used for divination or not, i don't know. I think people with psychic abilities may actually see a card that's is giving them a message, as if in a reading. But i'm not sure how it works, because it never happen to me in this way.

Rev_Vesta

You both need to trust in yourselves....

They are inner messages you are being given inrelation....to the situation....

trust.... .... this is something that can be developed......

take care...

Vesta

Nytebugg

sometimes when i am shuffling I'll picture a card or i get a song stuck in my mind or a phrase jumps in there or a few times i get an emotion.
I think of it like spinning the dial on a radio and you pick up different stations. some are clearer than others. It depends on how relaxed I am.

Libra8ca

midamah said:

I was wondering, is it normal to in-vision a tarot card, while your talking to someone, or are in a certain situation?
It's perfectly normal when you hang out in this forum :D I get images of tarot cards when I hear or read news...

gregory

There is no such thing as NORMAL in tarot, IMHO. If it happens to you - it happens, enjoy it ! It doesn't to me - and that's "not normal" too !

Alta

It doesn't happen to me, though I agree it is a gift and could be developed to a helpful degree. I also think in terms of tarot, it is sort of a way of gaining perspective and seeing personal situations in a larger context.

I was speaking with someone about tarot and we were discussing how it opens things up. For example I had a situation that was spinning my mind in tight circles but when I threw down three cards suddenly another part of my brain kicked in, responding to the imagery, and the situation opened up for me. I think that the imagery takes (kicks?) your brain down a different pathway and in your case, you getting this without even needing a deck. So, good!!!

Chronata

Happens to me all the time.

Only nowadays I just see the title of the card in my mind...not the image.

MYFIGO

midamah said:

For example, my friend could be telling me about an issue that she is having with a guy, and all of a sudden, in my mind, I see the fool card floating by and then it disappears.

That is a very cool experience.. I hope it happens to me!

Jude

nisaba

Chronata said:
Happens to me all the time.

Only nowadays I just see the title of the card in my mind...not the image.
Ditto. After all, I'd have to have a hell of a lot of images pop in!

And I don't even really get the title happening visually. Or anything happening visually. What I get is a sense of the core energy or feel of the card and its identity, its traditional history, and its history *with me* , in one blinding flash of consciousness.

It's just *there*. All of it. In a split-second.