Help with gift

Filipa

Hey everyone
next week is my good friend and co-worker's birthday and i am completly out of money so i was wandering here and saw a topic that someone mentioned a spray with oils and i thought it would be a nice idea to give her something like that
so i need some help with picking the right oils
our work environment is terrible, people are extremely rude always fighting with each other and complaining about the company, their lives..everything! And it is also very stressful for us, so you see i would like some oils to protect her from those negative energies and a hint of something to make her more happy :)
can anyone help me find the right ingredients?

celticnoodle

chamomile helps to calm people, and alleviate stress.

licorice, peppermint, and sweet marjoram are some herbs that will help with anxiety and stress too.

but my favorite herbs to have around the house are lavender and rosemary. they also help with stress and smell so wonderful!

if you cannot buy oils or plants of this, perhaps you are able to make some little sachets that have rosemary and sweet marjoram and chamomile in them--separately or together-as these are very common herbs in the kitchen.

Stormdancer

I'm curious to read responses to this as well. How do you MIX the scents? Celticnoodle, you mentioned Lavender and rosemary. Do mix the two? I like/need the aspects of more than one, and I don't trust my nose so much.

celticnoodle

to be honest, I've never mixed the two in the same bowl. We plant lavender and rosemary, (two of my favorite scents). i've just put the lavender in a bowl or vase in a few places through out the house, and do the same with the rosemary too. lavender is easy to dry and keep.

we keep the rosemary going year round, and I love to just rub my hands through it and get that delicious smell on my hands, and watering it every day, seems to release the scent into the air too. its just delightful!

i do buy orange oil to burn, and it is another scent that i just love! so clean and fresh smelling. I couldn't find anything on it as far as what it is good for-but now found via googgling it, that orange oil is another oil that is good to create "the feeling of happiness and warmth" and will also help with ''nervous tension and stress" and can also help you "fall asleep". i just love the aroma of it, and burn it in various rooms for that aroma. :)

LeaRoseQuartz

Check out vitacost.com. They have alot of natural body products and their prices are quite reasonable. (The best prices I've found on the net). They have aura cacia essential oils, burts bees, dr. bronner, jason, kiss my face and many others. I love all of those I just mentioned! Lavender oil can usually be used full strength. The smell is so beautiful and makes me happy. They have oils, also, that are mixed with jojoba oil (which is a plant from the desert, that is great for your skin), such as neroli (orange blossom), that I also love. I use Jason hand and body lotion, alot, especially in winter. It keeps my skin soft and comes in an assortment of formulas. Any one item, would make a wonderful and thoughtful present!

Filipa

this are all good suggestions

the oils i have home are sandalwood, yasmin and aloevera
is it a bad combo?
i didn't get time to shop for anything but meanwhile on ebay i found some really cheap crystal sets
so i got her one that has:
Aquamarine
Rainbow Fluorite
Moonstone
Smokey Quartz
what do you think of this?

i even bought one for myself to join my lonely rose quartz, this was called the confidence set
Chrysocolla
Citrine
Fluorite

Filipa

just bumping :)