Tarot Exercises

Glass Owl

I love Tarot exercises/games and sometimes I tweak them into spreads. For those of you who are unfamiliar with them, here are some...

A Compilation of Tarot Talk Exercises

Entries With Tarot Exercises

Tarot Exercises index

In Mark McEfroy's book "Taking The Tarot To Heart," he lists games that you can play with your cards and one of these is "The Solo Game."

How do you feel about these exercises? Do you use them? Do you come up with your own?

Ange

I've bookmarked the Tarot exersises....it looks to be quite good...and something that will keep me busy for a while....:)

Ang x

chickandegg

Those exercises look interesting! Thanks for the links!

A few nights ago when I was bored I came up with a kind of intuition-sharpening game. I grabbed a novel and marked a page in the book without reading it. I then got out my RWS and started using 3 card spreads to intuitively pick up on what events were going on in the novel in the pages I'd marked. I tried a few different books with a few different decks, and they all worked out wonderfully!

Sometimes I just grab a deck and go through it card by card, telling a story to myself as I go, following the cards. Once I went through the whole Old English Tarot and ended up with an epic tale of fallen kingdoms, heroic quests, and famines o'er the land. Such fun. :D

I'll go through the links you posted and see what I can find. I look forward to seeing what others post here. :)

Ange

It was certainly easy for me to find my morning card.....the 8 of Swords.

Blindfolded so I can't ever see a time that I will be free of my illness.

Hemmed in by the constraints of the illness, imprisoned by it.

But no matter....a happier card is awaiting round the corner...:)

Ang x

nisaba

Before I opened this thread and read the posts, looking at the subject header, I briefly entertained an amusing visualisation of two or three Tarot decks with dear little legs and arms, working out on deck-sized gym equipment ...

Ange

nisaba...I had to smile when I saw your post....:) :)

Ang x

Hedera

Ooooh, lovely, thank you for posting that!

I love tarot exercises, I do that sort of thing much more than actual readings.

suedally

I love reading and the idea of doing mini spreads on a few pages of a novel sounds really good. I need all the practise I can get and this sounds ideal. Thanks, it's looks like a lot of fun.