Celtic Shaman's Pack

intuition897

I just found the Celtic Shaman's Pack and accompanying book at a thrift store today for $2.99. It's not a proper Tarot deck, but an oracle deck of 40 cards depicting Celtic archetypes. It's a lovely deck, but I'm not sure if it's going to be for me. However, a deck is a deck and you don't find them often...so I grabbed it. I'll spend some time going through the cards and book in more detail tonight, but I just wanted to get a bit of feedback from others if they've used it and how they like (or dislike) it.

I may end up offering this deck up for trade if I don't connect with it. We'll just have to see how it goes. Really wishing it had been the Way of the Horse oracle instead...but that's just me being an ingrate.

Lillie

I got this about a month ago.

I think I paid double what you did!
I'm shocked and horrified!

I read the book and looked at the cards. I remember picking some cards which were supposed to describe some shamanic dream journey I was supposed to have.
I tried very hard to dream it but it never happened.
I think I kind of lost interest after thatand set it aside for some time in the future when I have the time to get my head round it all.
Also mine didn't have a box, just cards and book, so it lives in a bag somewhere.
Not sure where now...

Apparently there are different versions of this. One by Chesca Potter, the Greenwood artist.
I have that one, and I have to say that some of the pictures are quite nice. I like some of the animals.

I'll have to find it.

Big borders if I remember right.

AJ

I have it in a wanted thread in trades, if it is the 1st edition rather than the 2nd with multiple artists. Keep me in mind.. :)

intuition897

AJ said:
I have it in a wanted thread in trades, if it is the 1st edition rather than the 2nd with multiple artists. Keep me in mind.. :)
AJ said:

Hi AJ,

The accompanying book, when it describes the artist, Chesca Potter, it says that she is "currently working on her own Greenwood Tarot." The reprint date on the publisher info page says 1997. This is the only place where anyone other than the writer and the artist are mentioned and it reads like this:

Cover and card design by Max Fairbrother¸

As far as I can see, there is only one artist who is given credit for the illustrations. If this sounds like what you`re looking for, let me know. The book is a paperback with some handling and shelf wear to the cover, but the binding is good. The cards themselves appear to be virtually untouched. I can`t see any defect in them other than a slight concave curve to the whole deck (like someone bent them to shuffle them perhaps), but it`s barely noticeable. The artwork is gorgeous (who knew pencil crayon could be so rich). I just don`t think this is the deck for me, and if someone else could make better use of it, I`m definitely open to suggestions.

flying black kat

I would be interested in this oracle as well. If things don't work out with AJ, please let me know.

If you are interested I have the Way of the Horse. I didn't connect. I opened it, looked thru it, and put it all back in its box.

Kathy

Sidhe-Ra

Hey Kathy- I would love the way of the horse and whilst packing found one more spare copy of the original Chesca Potter Celtic Shaman's pack- my last one of many boxes!

Let me know

xx

flying black kat

Sidhe-Ra:

Would love to trade. Sending you a PM

Peace

Kathy