8 Swords as feelings

ANA

how would you read the 8 Swords as what they feel?

i always get blocked when i get thoughts/words cards - air - for feelings

is it feeling trapped? outside restraints and they dont know how to break them

is it possible they dont actualy feel with feelings but rationalize feelings in thoughts and so even when you ask what they feel you get what they think?

any thoughts on this?

thank you
ana

Ange

Trapped or feeling physically captured...

Of course it's how the one in the card sees herself. She can't see past whatever she feels is binding her....and the swords are making her feel imprisoned, as her situation is, cos she can't see a way out of it.

I put this card onto me as my morning card very often. Cos of my illness, I have a real job to get going in a morning, worn out before I do anything, and I can't ever see a time that I will be well again. So the blindfold stops me from seeing my self being well, and the swords are the illness that traps me.

But very often the case is that you look at the card, in amongst others, and with the question in mind, and see if that interpretaion works with everything else.

For instance, if someone had asked about a relationship that had gone wrong, you might feel that she was refusing to let go of the past, keeping herself in the past, binding herself to it. So it might be a state of mind, as opposed to anything physical like with me...:)

Ang x

morticia monroe

1. Complete frustration,,,the mind being in a trap, knowing there's a way out and that it is acessible,,all you have to do is act upon it, but you hold yourself back whether out of fear, guilt, whatever.

Sometimes we get so caught up in the drama and make molehills so grand in our minds that we don't realize that the answer is as easy as just not doing it anymore....

it's all in your head
even if you dont like it, you're still a willing victim

frustrated incorporated

2. Mental intimidation. There are stronger, more agressive mind(s) surrounding you, and they're overpowering, even threatening. You feel extremely intimidated. However, it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent".

Depending on the surrounding cards, I could also see this as someone with very low self-esteem,,,you allow yourself to be bullied. An example would be smeone who is being mentally abused by a partner.

Herzog

The card suggests deep insecurities and negative thinking.

Because she can break free any time she wishes but chooses not to, and because she doesn't appear to be suffering, the implication is she is quite content being a prisoner, a slave to her own negativity and low self esteem.

As ironic as it sounds, there's a certain freedom in giving up one's freedoms

214red

ignoring what others say, listening to only your heart...not words of others

Asbestos Mango

I've seen this card as being trapped by your own thoughts. Possibly felling paralyzed and unable to make a necessary move because you're overthinking the situation, and getting caught up in "what if" thinking to the point where you can't see your way out of the situation.

ANA

Helo,

wow thak you all, certainly some insights i never thought about when i was doing the reading

Asbestos Mango - sure enough the person is that type

214red - i will use this as advice next time i see the card

morticia monroe - for this person sure enough was the victiom of bulling but i never knew which card would show this as i also get the 9W, and 10S sometimes in their reading

Ange - when i get this card for me that is exactely how i feel not phisicaly but mentaly at work

thank you again
ana