Had to turn away a sitter, & I hope I did the right thing... :(

blackroseivy

This wasn't for money, but I do know that this subject comes up here a lot so I thought I'd bring it up.

I had to tell someone that I'm just not qualified to deal with depression as a subject for a reading. I know that Tarot just isn't appropriate to treat psychological problems in any way.

I am a fellow sufferer & told her so; I told her that professional help can't hurt, & it saved MY life, which it seriously did.

I just hope that it doesn't make her feel worse! I do know I did the right thing, really, just don't like to feel I contributed to her depression by turning her away...

victoria.star

You followed your heart. You did right. May you receive blessings of Comfort!
:heart:

MareSaturni

I think you did well. You offered the help you could at the moment.

It would have been worst if you pretended that the cards could "heal" her depression. You were sincere. You shared your story and told her the truth. You told her "been there" - and believe me, that might have made the difference.

Gypsyspell

I can relate to this!--I believe that if i dont feel i can be,or am qualified tobe of any help i will not proceed with a reading-I have become friends with someone (who did not tell me suffers from depression) who would anxiously look to the cards for answers. Now...
We talk ,and deal with any issues more in the here and now-they also know i am busy in my life and cannot always be available and understand this.
Nobody is able to be all things to all people ,or any one person -i do my best but do not possess any superhuman abilities..............i explain my feelings too!
But this is only my way .

starrystarrynight

BRI, what you did took brains, compassion and guts. I think you did exactly the right thing and may have helped her more than you know (especially if she takes your advice and seeks professional help.)

Good for you!

blackroseivy

Thank you all, this really made me feel a lot better, & I haven't seen what she might have answered but I just hope that she does find healing. :)

ETA: Thank goodness, she understood! :D She said it was "perfectly reasonable" especially seeing as it was free, & she is choosing to look at career as something to ask about instead. What a relief!

SunChariot

blackroseivy said:
This wasn't for money, but I do know that this subject comes up here a lot so I thought I'd bring it up.

I had to tell someone that I'm just not qualified to deal with depression as a subject for a reading. I know that Tarot just isn't appropriate to treat psychological problems in any way.

I am a fellow sufferer & told her so; I told her that professional help can't hurt, & it saved MY life, which it seriously did.

I just hope that it doesn't make her feel worse! I do know I did the right thing, really, just don't like to feel I contributed to her depression by turning her away...

You had no choice. Or rather you had two choices, either to do the reading or not. But you certainly should never read on something that you feel wrong in any way about doing a reading on. There was really nothing more you could have done than just what you did.

Bab s