quick question about readings...

saleeneh

Yesterday I did some readings for charity at a local shop. For some reason, in a few of the readings (like 3 out of 7), the querents had a general idea of what they wanted to know i.e. what is going to happen at work, and the cards went a totally different direction! Now on one of these wayward readings I was able to draw myself and find cards pertaining to their question, but on the others try as I may the cards kept going back to other issues and discussing other people, like their family members etc. Is this normal? This hasn't happened to me before to this extent, although I know it happens sometimes when the querent is trying to hide what they really want to know. The only thing I could think of is I had a sinus infection and I had taken decongestants..I was feeling a little hyped. Could that effect the readings? They werent scattered though just stubborn. Weird, I did feel a little frustrated that I couldnt help them with what the wanted to know, but everyone seemed satisfied with their readings anyway.

Ange

I remember one I did where the querent asked about her business....and all I kept getting was about a relationship issue. I couldn't understand it, and even did the reading again phrased differently, but the same thing came up.

It turned out that if she kept her business going, then she would not be able to move away with someone who she was hoping to get closer to and eventually be her partner.

So, although sometimes things don't seem to 'fit' it might well be that the answer you come up with is an underlying issue which could have a bearing on the original question...:)

Ang x

saleeneh

thanks

I never thought of that.. in one reading a lady wanted to know about her financial situation which was tight because her two grown daughters were still living at home and owed her money.. the reading kept coming up about her daughter's relationships! which by the way I did see one as getting married soon.. I will post it to your readings to see what others opinions are.. NOW i see it does have bearing on the original question..thanks

Sinduction

That is how tarot works for me, every time. It's like it wants to say what it thinks is most important. But, I do find that once I've let it have its say, I am able to then ask about whatever it is that my sitter wanted to know.

And, yes, I find they usually are related.

BeyondtheVeil

I think it is normal. I find that the Tarot gives you{general you} the messages that you need to know and are important. That may or may not be the same thing as what is asked. I would just explain that this is what the message is that needs to be heard.
I also find that once I deal with that and let the message be received.. I can then go on to doing the reading/question I was intended to do.

franniee

It's normal for me. I find the reading answers what needs to be answered not necessarily what the sitter wants to be answered.

So I give them the message I see and then I try again to see if I can pick up on their question.... kind of like first things first.

I remember one time a person got upset and said OK but I don't want to know about that..... and I said that's fine but I have to deliver this message first! It is what it is. :)

saleeneh

now my next question is...

I see that with some of us that is just the way we read.. Now my question is; do you guys use spreads? I don't you see. If one were to use a spread would it "force' the cards to answer the querents particular question? You wouldnt be able to see the cards as needing to transmit another message right? Just curious. The reason why this is interesting to me as a young (in experience not age) reader I have seen many readers on here be very strict about the exact wording of a question etc in order to get an accurate interpretation. In the readings that I did the day before yesterday the readings were morphing in to so many areas (I did long readings about 45 mins a piece) that it wouldnt have really mattered exactly what the question was because they were getting the message that was there whether they wanted it or not. It is all a learning process for me and what I found is that I was able to tap in to things most of the time that the querents had just been thinknig of before they came in the door. thanks guys I appreciate it!

BeyondtheVeil

I think having a spread helps to 'focus" the question and reading more easily, but I don't think it matters in this case. If there is a message that needs to be addressed/that is more important than the question asked.. it will pop up even with a focused spread too. In my experience, it just makes the reading and spread not make a lot of sense. lol I am sure others may have different experiences but it seems for me that the message "whomever it is that sends the messages" keeps giving the same one {or same cards} over and over until I acknowledge.

Ange

To be honest, with my memory problems, I tend not to use many spreads. I seem to lose track of were I am and what has gone before....little things that flit into my mind are easily forgotten and then not there to refer back to in the reading....I can lose the will to live with a Celtic Cross....:)

So I tend to do 3 cards.....the simple past, present and future, and pull others as and when I either want to or feel I need to....but that works for me, maybe not as it should be, but we can't all be perfect in the head department eh.,....:)

Ang x

saleeneh

Hah aha

Ange said:
To be honest, with my memory problems, I tend not to use many spreads. I seem to lose track of were I am and what has gone before....little things that flit into my mind are easily forgotten and then not there to refer back to in the reading....I can lose the will to live with a Celtic Cross....:)

So I tend to do 3 cards.....the simple past, present and future, and pull others as and when I either want to or feel I need to....but that works for me, maybe not as it should be, but we can't all be perfect in the head department eh.,....:)

Ang x

That is exactly how I do it.. I just start with 3-5 cards then I get the story. I too could never remember spreads.. I would have to take a cheat sheet with me and that wouldnt give any querent confidence! Ha ha...that is too funny.

but I have to say this is why it is difficult for me to post in "your readings' because first I cant remember what the question was and what cards I got in what order..I just remember my impressions.