Precision

nisaba

Just came back from doing a reading from a guy who collected my business card from me during a reading at a venue where I haven't read for over a year, now.

After the reading was over, he told me that he came back to me particularly, because I had told him in last September he'd have his left foot run over by a car, and he didn't pay any attention to me, and it happened but it happened in June. That made me a brilliant reader.

Now, I confess myself a bit puzzled by this. I'm quite likely to tell people, depending on the cards in front of me, that a given period of time may contain an enhanced risk of accident, and/or that any risk of accident may be associated with cars, but I'm pretty certain I haven't told anyone that their foot would be run over, let alone which foot.

Either when I submerge myself into a reading I'm a lot more precise than I think I am, or it's a case of the client's selective thinking.

I'm still amazed at my accuracy.

His left foot, eh? Run over. An' there was me, thinkin' I play it safe and say Helpful Things like "Just be careful around cars at that time, okay?" Nope, according to him I say: "Next September your left foot will be run over by a car". <shakes head> :bugeyed:

photokat

nisaba said:
]Nope, according to him I say: "Next September your left foot will be run over by a car". <shakes head> :bugeyed:

I am dying to know : WHICH cards ?

re-pete-a

Like you Nisaba, it's amazing what words will slip through the gaps in the teeth and be re made into what words are played on the listeners ear.

What else is there to be said but to be in awe and wonder at the way things re arrange themselves in this universe.

Take the accolades humbly and know the wonder is shared.

Alta

I did a reading for a woman once on an airplane. I think all I said was there were issues with her mother-in-law (it was Queen of Swords and the mother-in-law connection jumped for me). She spent the next hour complaining about her mother-in-law, how her hubby was a mama's boy and on and on. I didn't have a chance to say one more thing. At the end she kept telling me what an amazing insightful reader I was. I just smiled.

Alta

franniee

I have had a bunch of people come back and tell me what I said..... I don't remember those words! Sometimes they don't even sound like me! :laugh: I wonder about selective hearing as well. :D

Libra8ca

Well, this definitely can't happen with e-mail readings!! For this reason I actually prefer them :D
I find that when I had a reading in person, that the memory quickly becomes vague and after a few years it's impossible to remember what was said exactly. You either have to record it on tape (I hate that; can't stand to hear my voice) or write everything down right away and make sure you don't loose your notes.

Umbrae

Regardless of the actual words that came out of your mouth...

Sounds like you provided a message. He heard it.

Perhaps there was an extreme varience between the mouth and ear. But who cares...

This ONLY occurs when rapport is in action. And nothing - absolutely nothing is more important.
nisaba said:
...according to him I say: "Next September your left foot will be run over by a car". <shakes head> :bugeyed:

Suppose one of two things. Perhaps you were so deep into it, conscious mind working the rapport, subconscious mind working the cards that you did indeed say that fateful sentence; or perhaps he heard what he needed to hear. Regardless, you end up 'accurate' and precise. Message delivered.

Dang - wouldja lookat the teeth on that gift-horse...

Libra8ca

Another possibility would be that another reader told him this and he is mixing up readers / readings. Some people are like that :( I've had people stare at me and then ask them if I am their high-school teacher .....NO!!!!!!!!!!!! :bugeyed:

Disa

Libra8ca said:
Well, this definitely can't happen with e-mail readings!! For this reason I actually prefer them :D

Oh yes, it can :) The only difference is, when the sitter has confused what you've typed or read what they wanted to from your words, you have your own email reading to show you what you did and did not say. They still read into it whatever they decide it means.

The taped ones, too! I had someone tell me what a reader told them, and when I listened to the tape myself I didn't hear that at all. I think selective hearing is definitely in play.

But then again, Nisaba- I'm sure you are quite precise, as well.

Shimure

When i do readings, it is there and then.

Afterwards, normally, i forgot what i spoke unless that particular reading is very very vivid.

To me tarot is like a mirror for the sitter to see him or herself in it. Some words which a reader say may not have meaning for the reader but it speak volumes for the sitter....