How many kids will I have? And when?

Grizabella

OK we're talking about yes/no questions on another thread and I thought I'd try these two. When I was reading for Kasamba a couple of years ago, these two questions came out of left field at me regularly. I know a lot of people are going to say they just won't try to answer this kind of question, but surely some of us do try and especially people in other cultures besides the United States where it's more customary for people to ask such questions of a Tarot reader. I hope I never have to do it again but I'm sure I will eventually.

How many children will I have?

When?

For those who do answer this kind of question, how do you do it?

And remember, I'm asking of those who do try to answer, not those who just say they don't answer that kind of question.

nisaba

If I decided I was suddenly going to answer these questions, I'd probably use the same deck I use in this method, looking only at the numbers (or courts as numbers feeding above ten) and for genders, Pentacles and Cups for girls or subdued boys, Swords and Wands for boys or tomboyish girls.

With incredibly large numbers, I'd hasten to add that this may include all parental-like relationships with children, such as step-children, nephews and nieces, children of friends, and mentoring friendships with younger people - anywhere where the *emotion* is parent-like, as I believe Tarot is driven by emotion and not by DNA.

Grizabella

I guess I hit a stumper here, huh? When I was asked these, I just felt like an idiot for a few seconds and then said I don't answer that kind of question. I didn't know what else to do. I felt like if I was working for an online company, though, then there must be some way that others answer the questions like that or so many people wouldn't be asking.

Lilija

It IS a real stumper, and surprisingly, it's only ever come up once, for me. I was spared specifics, because the initial question was "none". The woman persisted, and asked a string of stupid things like "but if I DID, how many would I have" Which is ridiculous, but they're not paying for my opinion, so I pull more cards, and it was no, nada, none, never, and finally, knock it off. It actually came out in that string of cards that she and her husband wouldn't be together long enough to really try.

I think I would handle it the same way, just pull cards, for their question, and relate what the cards say. I know it's sounds like a BS non-answer, but sometimes, the cards answer related stuff like "yes, you are capable of having children, and you are indeed mentally ready, so go for it" or in the aforementioned "you have a lot more problems to worry about than kids" in cases when the question is actually "when and how many".

rwcarter

I actually did do a reading like that for a friend probably a decade ago. I don't remember the details of it, but I believe I used a 5-card horseshoe shaped spread where each position represented a number: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4+.

I believe I have a copy of the reading at home, so will have to check when I get home tonight. I think I interpreted the answer as 3 and to date she's only had 1 and only plans on having 1....

Rodney

Grizabella

I think you'd want to improvise on the spot the first time, then when you can give it more thought, devise a plan as to how your cards were going to be used to answer such questions in the future. I think if you do that, then probably you could give some pretty good answers once you've developed a plan and then stick to it.

re-pete-a

Thats a very good question Griz.

What Nisaba says feels like it has potential. Especially with the suits and the Page's up to kings.

Though That question has never been askes YET.

Though it could.

214red

i used to not do these questions, but after deciding to break every rule i decided to do it for me and i do think the results were accurate (obviously i wont know for certain for a few years)

i asked the question and pulled a card , and then went from the feeling of that card.
I pulled 5 of cups for how many, i simply thought it was 2 of mine, but 3 in total...not sure why but it jumped out.
i pulled for when, got 5 of wands and knew it was 5 years time.

when i had a chat with grandmother in spirit she kind of pointed that the reading was right.

Grizabella

Well, be sure to let us know when 5 years comes around!

You know, this is a good example of how the cards speak to us, I think. We just look at the card and "listen", if we can do that without having a preconceived notion that causes us to "put words in their mouths", so to speak.

re-pete-a

by the timing method used here, it'll be the 5th week of summer

perhaps 5 gestations, 2 arrivals ,2 girls.

Though time will tell the truth, the feeling is .

due to the pill the first few attempts will fail.