Owner compatibility with pet?

cookie17urs

I am a Virgo lady with Leo ascendant and love animals very much. Have always thought of myself as a cat person but over the past few years have become much more a doggy person!
Now we may be lucky enough to be blessed with a puppy who is due to be born on the 21st March but I have recently been reading pet astrology articles and many state that a Virgo owner will not get on well with an Aries dog. Being a Virgo this is of course worrrying me greatly and was hoping for any advice and/or a positive slant on this. I am hoping that perhaps the puppies may be born early making them Pisces as I believe we would get on better!
Does anybody have any knowledge on this subject? Any help really would be gratefully received.
Thank you.

Minderwiz

My best advice would be to ignore this and look forward to the pleasure the puppy will bring.

If you really want some serious astrology here, with a Leo Ascendant your sixth house of pets is probably in Capricorn (certainly some of it is). Mars is in exaltation there - a pet born under the sign of Mars should fit in.

Good luck!

dadsnook2000

Same type of pet owner

Being a double Virgo with an Aries dog, I can tell you that this approach to astrology seems to have no value. Love it, feed it, play with it and take it for walks twice a day and for rides in the car with you. The dog will become glued to your butt. You may choose to name him/her Hemorrhoid! Enjoy your dog. Forget about letting your life be run by sun-sign astrology.

My view is, I live for astrology but I don't live by astrology. And, I have been into astrology since 1971. Dave

Minderwiz

I'm very much with Dave on this - be very suspicious of anyone who claims to be an Astrologer who talks solely in Sun signs, they really don't have much understanding of the art.

When it comes to most animals multiple births are common (unlike primates), so I'm really not sure to what extent a birth chart has individual meaning in such circumstances. Indeed much of the birth chart would be meaningless anyway - few pets own property or possessions, or have careers.

It's probable that it's the owner who has the greatest effect on the pet and to me that suggests that the sixth house of pets and small animals is where we should look - in the owner's chart or a horary(or possibly event chart). I have used horary to good effect on lost pets but it was the owner who asked the question.

Yes, individual pets have personalities, whether these personalities are identifiable through animal related (as opposed to owner related) Astrology is an extremely difficult question to answer.

Libra8ca

You can't do a compatibility analysis just based on the sun sign, you have to at least consider the ascendant, moon and other planets too. But this is an animal not a person and I don't think you will be fighting over what to eat, where to go and what TV program to watch! LOL
I think as long as a dog is well behaved and trained you should be fine and this I believe depends more on breed than time of birth. Good luck with you new companion!

sistermoon

Dadsnook's always spot on! :)

Besides, so many books (like the great...ooh, hope I don't misspell this....Sakonian/Acker) place emphasis on the way one's ascendant colors a soul's entire chart. It might be curious to find out the roughly 2 hr time period during which your little one was born, and maybe even birth order. You'll have big success here, though, because you care so deeply, don't you think?...esp. for anyone wise enough to be "blessed with a puppy." A puppy's always a blessing, whatever their sign ♥

My puppy (all 9 yrs of her!) is something of a mystery, born sometime in the Springtime, so it's always fun to see what sign of her soul seems to shine through--something like people with babies like saying, "Ooh! She has his Grandpa's nose!" Given the day I might call her after my Grandma (Aries sun, I know no more,) and think happily of along with all that fierce independence is also a huge, courageous heart, just like my Grandma's... and not so unlike a fiery Leo's Asc.'s traits, I'd think, if you like such comparisons ;)

Part of he gift, the blessing, your puppy will bring is what that dear one will bring out/reveal in you. Lucky you!

MCsea

I am a virgo MARRIED to an Aries fella.. all the astrology books give us a 2/10 for our relationship - but there is much more to our astrology than the sun.. our dog is Gemini (so is the budgie) you have lots of positive adivce here I just thought Id agree with it ;)

MARINA