Progressed sun sign change...

214red

Hi Folks

My progressed sun is about to change later this year to Virgo in 5th after sitting happily in leo in 5th for a number of years (my sun is in Cancer in 4th on my natal chart).This also combined with my moon moving in conjuction to my natal sun, mercury, venus and saturn since jan.

Has anyone else gone through a prog sun sign change? how did this affect you?

Libra8ca

My progressed sun has changed signs but I can't say it had much of an effect :(; I find aspects between porgressed planets and / or natal planets had more of an effect.

214red

Libra8ca said:
My progressed sun has changed signs but I can't say it had much of an effect :(; I find aspects between porgressed planets and / or natal planets had more of an effect.
yeah i have those starting this year, which coincided with a move of home, and its still progressing as we speak, although i am looking forward to the aspect to venus:) not so much to saturn

dadsnook2000

Usefulness of signs

"My progressed sun has changed signs but I can't say it had much of an effect ; I find aspects between porgressed planets and / or natal planets had more of an effect."

Perhaps this observation will help some reach the conclusion that that sign influence is quite minimal in astrological practice outside of natal and mundane charts. It is all about the planets and their relationship to time/locational angles (Minderwiz's daily rotation cycle) of the charts being used. Dave

214red

i can imagine there are different levels of effect, but surely a change in a sign must have some significance, and its not just any planet its your sun.

i am already feeling the affects of my progressed planets rubbing against my natal planets, so this year is turning into a bit of a wheel of fortune type of yeah.

perhaps it doesnt, at the moment every planet (mars, mercury, venus and my sun) are all crammed into virgo like its a sale at the cake shop

***edit***
sorry that was a sulky response, sorry i didnt mean it to sound like that

Libra8ca

dadsnook2000 Perhaps this observation will help some reach the conclusion that that sign influence is quite minimal in astrological practice outside of natal and mundane charts. It is all about the planets and their relationship to time/locational angles (Minderwiz's daily rotation cycle) of the charts being used. Dave[/QUOTE said:
Yes, it looks like that is the case; at least with my horoscope. I have even checked the Sun's change of signs using the tropical zodiac and the sidereal zodiac but could not correlate it with any significant changes in my life. I have found the greatest effects have been progressed Sun opposite natal Saturn and transiting Saturn opposite the progressed Sun. Both of these aspects corresponded with major negative events. :( Progressed Venus conjunct natal Sun and Jupiter (they are conjuct in my chart) was quite positive. :)

AquarianGoddess

My progressed Sun will also change signs later in the year. It's moving into Aries -- Lookout world, here I come, LOL.

After 30 years of progressed Sun in Pisces, the Aries energy is certainly welcome.

A progressed sign change depends a lot on what aspects it makes to natal planets.

Minderwiz

I've probably had more progressed Sun sign changes than anyone LOL

I was born with the Sun in the last 15 minutes of Libra, so my Sun moved into Scorpio by secondary progression when I was around 3 months old (can't remember any effect at all)

Since then it's moved through both Scorpio and Sagittarius (around 30) and is now in Capricorn.

I have to agree with both Dave and AG, the progression might (and I mean might) have a modifying effect but it is much more likely that changes in aspects made to natal planets as the Sun progresses will trigger effects.

Check your charts to see what other changes are under way the change in the progressed Sun might make some contribution to an overall trend.