Learning to read charts

AquarianGoddess

Hi Everyone,

Since there has been some discussion on this subject, I thought I'd made it a separate topic.

Learning to read an astrology chart takes a long time as there's lots of information to assimilate, digest and try to make sense of.

A great place to start for a beginner, is with keywords. Example:

Moon in Cancer: emotionally (because the Moon rules the emotions) sensitive, caring, sympathic (all words related to the sign of Cancer).

Venus in Saggitarius: An adventerous (Sagg word) lover (Venus).

Keep it simple! Your interpetations will grow over time. Add it keywords for the house where the planet is located.

Aspects are how one planet relates to another by degrees. When a beginner, don't fret over the actual aspect, just put the two planets together in your mind...Example:

Mercury/Uranus - An innovative (Uranus) thinker (Mercury).

Moon/Pluto - Emotionally (Moon) intense (Pluto).

Sun/Saturn - Success (Saturn) feeds the inner soul (Sun).

Any questions?

purplelady

Ha-ha! I have Venus in sagittarius! ^_^ .

purplelady

hmmm, my moon and pluto are also in the same sign. Good examples!

AquarianGoddess

Purple,

Venus in Sagg is a hoot! Are you a big flirt? V in Sagg loves to flirt. Also, they like an intellectual type partner and one who is outspoken and loves to travel.

Moon/Pluto is tough. The older you get, the easier this aspect is to work with. Just watch out for jealous women (friends). Moon/Pluto can attract jealous types.

tiger lily

I have Moon in Cancer and Pluto conjunct my Asc, Moon Sextile Pluto... "emotionally intense"... you bet! ;-)

Perhaps I should not start with my own horoscope - I can read Tarot just fine for others, but not for myself and it may be just the same with one´s own horoscope - you´re too close to see clearly.

purplelady

AquarianGoddess (06 Nov, 2001 06:52):
Purple,

Venus in Sagg is a hoot! Are you a big flirt? V in Sagg loves to flirt. Also, they like an intellectual type partner and one who is outspoken and loves to travel.

totally! }> my boyfriend doesn't want me to flirt. That didn't go over well at all! ;P :-D !

Moon/Pluto is tough. The older you get, the easier this aspect is to work with. Just watch out for jealous women (friends). Moon/Pluto can attract jealous types.

Big time! mostly in the past.
Pretty good AG..............

mystic

AG? Very nice. Question for you.

How do you like to read the rising sign. Some folks say that it is just as important as your Sun Sign....how do you feel here?

BTW- I'm a Libra / Sag rising.....for me this is tough.... :)

jade

somedays, i am more my rising sign than any other........virgo.

so i feel that it's very important.

i'm a leo sun, virgo rising and taurus moon-[that's the stubborn part] LOL

love and light,
jade

AquarianGoddess

Mystic,

I love your name!

The rising sign is denotes how the world sees you, or how you show yourself to the world. It definitely IS very important. Some days we really are our rising signs.

Libra rising and a Sagg Sun is a beautiful combination. I would bet that you're pretty (Libra rising have some of the most beautiful faces in the world). You're air rising and a fire Sun, very powerful.

tiger lily

I read that the rising sign is not only about how you present yourself, but also how you see yourself - your self-image. I´m not sure, but I think your sun-sign sort of overrides your rising sign in this regard, though. Except if your sun is weak... my sun is in the 7th house, so I tend to look for Aries in my relationships instead of being one myself ;-) (Someone more knowledgeable in Astrology correct me if I´m wrong... AG, are you out there?)