Your favorite Tarot publisher

zephyr_heart

What's your favorite Tarot publisher? And why?

Me? Lo Scarabeo. Because of their new ideas and originality in conceiving a unique deck.

BelovedK

Magic Realist Press, I just find the decks fascinating and original.

Sulis

I prefer self published decks, they just feel more special than mass market ones.

inanna_tarot

I love self published ones.. however, the quality of the cards and the uniqueness in every deck and its packaging Id have to go for Schiffer.

firecatpickles

Well, not to kiss @$$ or anything, but MRP has to be, hands down.

Not only are their decks original and readable, Karen Mahoney is a part of our community here! So it's personal hehe

How can she not be my favorite publisher?

Altena

Magic Realist Press comes first in line with me too. The artwork is stunning, the cardstock of the finest quality around and their decks causes me to fall in love all over again every time I look at them :heart:

Le Fanu

Sorry to be predictable...

MRP

Everything tarot should be. Excellent quality, intelligent, well-thought out and ....well.. Magical.

Even the standard editions feel like luxury.

Lysh

MRP......ever since the Victorian Romantic I have been hooked.

Alta

I agree that the MRP decks are beyond excellent, but balancing that they are a small studio and they have their personal style. Which, I love. LoScarabeo publishes a much wider range of decks and covers a variety of interests. If we had to depend entirely on MRP, I think our collections would be much smaller and we would all miss out on the range of magical ideas available.

I think though that saying one has a fav publisher usually comes down to a special deck. To me the tarot world would be a poorer place without USGames for that matter because they have kept the RWS & Thoth decks in print for so long.

Alta :)

gregory

Predictably I suppose, for me - Lo Scarabeo. They take risks and while some come out a bit schlocky, some are breathtaking. LiberT, Vampires of the Eternal Night, Sweet Twilight....

Self published are lovely - but tend to be only one deck; I don't think you can judge them as "publishers" - and MRP - again, they are fabulous decks, but veering towards - er - small !

USG - well, Muller has kept the Thoth going - even during the current dispute - and others would have taken on the WS if USG hadn't been aggressive about dodgy copyright. WE already have the very nice LS WS - and there is also the Konigsfurt one. OTOH USG did give the whole ball a mighty kick in the first place !