PDA

View Full Version : Crystal has a chip

gorgeousbutterfly
13-03-2010, 17:42
Just wanting to know if crystals that have chips and cracks are still effective?

celticnoodle
13-03-2010, 21:36
Oh sure. they will still work just fine! I have a beautiful crystal that I purchased years ago, and it had at the time a chip off the top of it. I was able to get it at a reduced price. the chip is not that noticeable, really--and it's still gorgeous, imo.

nothing is perfect. people aren't and crystals aren't. we all have our flaws-but we are still great! :)

gorgeousbutterfly
14-03-2010, 12:23
Thank you! I love your answer. :)

Briar Rose
14-03-2010, 14:11
You can even take an emery board and file down the Crystal if the edges are too sharp.

MCsea
14-03-2010, 16:32
Oh sure. they will still work just fine! I have a beautiful crystal that I purchased years ago, and it had at the time a chip off the top of it. I was able to get it at a reduced price. the chip is not that noticeable, really--and it's still gorgeous, imo.

nothing is perfect. people aren't and crystals aren't. we all have our flaws-but we are still great! :)

I completely agree :)

Glass Owl
17-03-2010, 02:32
You can even take an emery board and file down the Crystal if the edges are too sharp.Thank you for this suggestion! On of my quartz pieces was dropped and there was a spot near the bottom that was very sharp. I just used an emery board (as well as one of things with multiple sides for buffing your nails) to gently smooth out the chip and it really helped. Now I can wear it without fear that the chipped area is going to damage my clothing.

PhoenixDi
01-05-2010, 08:04
I have also found over time that occasionally a crystal may develop a small crack running through it (or a portion of it). This can bring out a beautiful profusion on rainbow colours and shapes along the fault that add a whole new dimesion to the crystal, and BTW - quite a number of mine have chips on them, yet they are all just perfect to me :) .

Ambience
01-05-2010, 08:26
Definately it's how you feel about the crystal that matters :)

greatdane
01-05-2010, 15:08
I have a gorgeous quartz crystal cluster with cracks in it. Has nothing to do with how it "works" or feels to me!

It's all part of nature and perfection is in the imperfections!

Namaste,

GD

Storm82
02-05-2010, 03:17
I completely agree :)

me to :)

(size doesnt matter either)

canid
02-05-2010, 03:21
You can even take an emery board and file down the Crystal if the edges are too sharp.

And then buff it with buffing compound. It doesn't have to be the jeweler's kind, the car stuff is the same, as long as it has rouge in it. Did you know they make that stuff from the red iron in hematite? Buffing by hand takes some elbow grease but you can use a dremel or some other kind of electrical tool, even a fingernail machine.

Tarot Orat
02-05-2010, 05:16
I have a gorgeous terminated smoky quartz point that was originally $50, but had a little bit of damage (internal crack, not actually chipped off) and was reduced to $10. I could hardly believe the dramatic price difference and immediately bought it! The crack gives off beautiful rainbows and reminds me that none of us can avoid some damage when we interact w/ the outside world, but damage doesn't mean you're totally broken, and may even make you more accessible and allow your inner beauty to shine through.

greatdane
02-05-2010, 05:29
Sometimes the beauty IS in the cracks.....

Quester
02-05-2010, 05:32
when scrying the cracks, veils and inclusions help to me "see" easier. :)