Crystal has a chip

gorgeousbutterfly

Just wanting to know if crystals that have chips and cracks are still effective?

celticnoodle

Oh sure. they will still work just fine! I have a beautiful crystal that I purchased years ago, and it had at the time a chip off the top of it. I was able to get it at a reduced price. the chip is not that noticeable, really--and it's still gorgeous, imo.

nothing is perfect. people aren't and crystals aren't. we all have our flaws-but we are still great! :)

gorgeousbutterfly

Thank you! I love your answer. :)

Briar Rose

You can even take an emery board and file down the Crystal if the edges are too sharp.

MCsea

celticnoodle said:
Oh sure. they will still work just fine! I have a beautiful crystal that I purchased years ago, and it had at the time a chip off the top of it. I was able to get it at a reduced price. the chip is not that noticeable, really--and it's still gorgeous, imo.

nothing is perfect. people aren't and crystals aren't. we all have our flaws-but we are still great! :)

I completely agree :)

Glass Owl

Briar Rose said:
You can even take an emery board and file down the Crystal if the edges are too sharp.
Thank you for this suggestion! On of my quartz pieces was dropped and there was a spot near the bottom that was very sharp. I just used an emery board (as well as one of things with multiple sides for buffing your nails) to gently smooth out the chip and it really helped. Now I can wear it without fear that the chipped area is going to damage my clothing.

PhoenixDi

I have also found over time that occasionally a crystal may develop a small crack running through it (or a portion of it). This can bring out a beautiful profusion on rainbow colours and shapes along the fault that add a whole new dimesion to the crystal, and BTW - quite a number of mine have chips on them, yet they are all just perfect to me :) .

Ambience

Definately it's how you feel about the crystal that matters :)

greatdane

Hi Butterfly...not to worry!

I have a gorgeous quartz crystal cluster with cracks in it. Has nothing to do with how it "works" or feels to me!

It's all part of nature and perfection is in the imperfections!

Namaste,

GD