PDA

View Full Version : a rainbow of stones...

azuremariposa
29-04-2003, 10:48
(tryin' to breathe some life into this section here)
i thought it might be interesting to list our favourite stones from each "colour" group...:) whether it's for their beauty or for their metaphysical properites...

pink
rose quartz (naturally)
morganite
pink halite
pink tourmaline

red
ruby
zincite
eudialyte

orange
carnelian
honey calcite
tangerine quartz
sunstone

yellow
citrine
golden labradorite
golden apatite

green
prasiolite
chrysoprase
aventurine
hiddenite

light blue
aquamarine
blue halite
larimar

dark blue
sodalite
blue kyanite
iolite
azurite (shocking, eh?)

violet
tanzanite
lepidolite
fluorite
sugilite
amethyst

clear
clear quartz
azeztulite
selenite
petalite

misc.
tourmalined quartz
rutilated quartz
labradorite
moonstone (rainbow especially)
black tourmaline
ametrine

anyone else want to list some of their favourites?
(doesn't have to be the whole rainbow ;) heh)

many blessings...

~azure

Phoenix
29-04-2003, 11:57
Black
Black tourmaline
Onyx
Obsidian
Jet

hexy
29-04-2003, 13:04
what about some plum coloured stones?
not burgundy, or red, or pink or purple, but really plumm-ey
anyone know any of those that are wonderful?

azuremariposa
29-04-2003, 13:09
Originally posted by hexy
what about some plum coloured stones?
not burgundy, or red, or pink or purple, but really plumm-ey
anyone know any of those that are wonderful?
well, i'll try to hunt down some photos, but one of the ones i mentioned under red is actually pink-red, and could be somewhat "plummy" ;) it's called eudialyte and is quite pretty...also, one of the purple ones i mentioned is kinda plummy but dark, sugilite...look those up if you like...sugilite is especially good for psychic protection...:D

many blessings!

~azure

azuremariposa
29-04-2003, 13:22
Originally posted by Phoenix
Black
Black tourmaline
Onyx
Obsidian
Jet
this will seem silly to ask, but do you prefer regular obsidian or snowflake? i like the snowflake one so much better... and i forgot to make a section for "black" :) (though i did remember my fave, black tourmaline)...so, what say you Phoenix? all black or snowflake?? :D

~azure

Phoenix
29-04-2003, 14:06
I only have snowflake, as it seems to be more common than straight black obsidian. I also want to get a piece of maogany obsidian.

Butterfly
29-04-2003, 15:29
Actually, this has little to do with what you asked. But I have small "worry" stones- one the colour of each chakra. when I'm in need of a bit of soothing I tumble them between my hands.

rostie
29-04-2003, 19:05
Originally posted by Butterfly
Actually, this has little to do with what you asked. But I have small "worry" stones- one the colour of each chakra. when I'm in need of a bit of soothing I tumble them between my hands.

:)wich one for each chakra??? i would love to know...

coldsuns
29-04-2003, 23:18
How about Jade..? Is Jade a crystal too? Or rather a mineral?

azuremariposa
29-04-2003, 23:57
Coldsuns, it can be crystals, stones, whatever you like...i have some lovely stones i got from the ocean that i have no clue as to their nature, but i love them and their energy...:D

jade is wonderful too...there is "purple jadeite", which is very cool looking! ;) and i love combining jade w/rose quartz! it's beautiful and very soothing...

Phoenix, i've never seen mahogany obsidian! (now i'll be hunting for it! lol) i'm assuming it is deep brown like the wood??

And Butterfly, your input is always appreciated!! i'm curious as to which stones you use as well...i tend to stick to the more traditional/readily available ones when working w/chakras...:)

many blessings to all!

~azure

p.s. i had a couple of ideas for new posts in this area, so don't be surprised if you see a bunch at once, ok? ;)

hexy
30-04-2003, 00:47
the eudialyte is most plummy, thanks for the tip :)
know its uses/strengths?

azuremariposa
30-04-2003, 01:07
Originally posted by hexy
the eudialyte is most plummy, thanks for the tip :)
know its uses/strengths?
well, due to the colourations i know that it activates both the first and fourth chakras (root & heart) and can help bring them into alignment...when these two are in alignment you are better able to realize what you must do and actualize your dreams of what you'd like to do...
i believe there are bits of black that run through the stone as well, so it can provide psychic protection and help purify it's energies while you use it...
i would suppose that it can be used for self healing as well...the emotional body would benefit...
(this is another stone on my list for making a necklace with...hehe)
hope that helps...:)

~azure

RAVENAL
30-04-2003, 02:31
Hello to everyone...

I started last night and have a list of 2 pages...double columns...just too many favorites...so now I am limiting and paring down the list...

but I will now share my use of mahogany obsidian...I have a huge chunk about 10''x10''x6'' that my son collected many years ago...when we were living in SanDiego...Ca...one of my favorite places...he gave it to me when he went away to college about 12 or so yrs now...it is in its natural form flowing like the lava it is...a beautiful glasslike mirror surface in others...with a few flakes chipped out...in his attempts to duplicate prehistoric mans use of this material to make tools...it moved with us to our home where we live now...and sat within the basement here for a while...clearing and cleansing this space and adding its balancing energy...cooperative energy...it is 2 colors...black and a mahogany red...banded and layered...softly and serenely beautiful...and adding its energy of safety...base chakra...foundational...earth/grounded...

programmed by me for this task...bringing in peace...wellbeing...love...the highest good for all...gently...effeciently and effectively...bringing in more light...my basement floor is an enormous and open one...high ceilings...no inner walls space...that has 2 large windows on one end and sliding glass doors into the backyard...not the typical basement as my home is built into a hill...

my husband built large pens...2 at the windowed end...6'x10' and another there also...6'x20'...when we got our greyhounds...and this is where my greyhounds go...
for their own safety...and the safety of our cats...when we are not home...as I have cats too and many greyhounds have been trained to race/chase/kill at the tracks...by horrid methods using small animals and often cats...and chase is their natural instinct/purpose...bred and refined my man and natural process...so for safetys sake...they retire here to their pens...full of cushy beds upon raised platforms...toys...bones...rose quartz chunks...large and many...plants hanging and clustered at the windows and doors...a nice space...and all I have to do is say"pen" and they each go into their own...we can have peace of mind for their safety and the cats...when we are gone...the first thing we do when returning home is go and let out the dogs...and then we are a family again...mahogany obsidian
has helped me set up this enviornment/space

and I still use it in another part of my home now...it has been sitting under my computer table in our 2nd bedroom for about 8 or 9 yrs...programmed to work with and combine the energies of the computer at its electrical and mechanical levels and also at its information storage and transmitting/recieving purpose (lots of quartz in computer components)...and in its use as a connection into the internet...with all these implications...so I am calling on its energy of cooperation again...and using its foundational grounded energy too...it's safety...and balancing ability for all...again with the same programming by me...and it has been a blessing to us to share our home with it...my son comes to visit ocassionally and smiles at it and the use I have put it to...this always makes me smile too...this stone...mahagony obsidian...it's a great tool...long part of mankinds history...

this stone is also available in smaller polished stones...many people use it as a worry stone...it is one of my favorites for this comforting purpose...and feels great in the hands...so smooth and...slippery...slidey...I just love that...

more favorites later...

azuremariposa
30-04-2003, 02:48
RAVENAL, i understand completely...if i had listed ALL my favourites, i would have taken up waaaaaaay too much space! lol...it was very hard for me to pare down my list, but these are my 'ULTIMATE' faves...hehe...ones i use most often...
thank you for sharing your uses of mahogany obsidian...it was fascinating and now i REALLY REALLY want one! ;) hehe

many blessings...

~azure

hexy
30-04-2003, 04:03
Originally posted by azuremariposa
well, due to the colourations i know that it activates both the first and fourth chakras (root & heart) and can help bring them into alignment...when these two are in alignment you are better able to realize what you must do and actualize your dreams of what you'd like to do...
i believe there are bits of black that run through the stone as well, so it can provide psychic protection and help purify it's energies while you use it...
i would suppose that it can be used for self healing as well...the emotional body would benefit...
(this is another stone on my list for making a necklace with...hehe)
hope that helps...:)

~azure

ha .. i knew there had to be a reason i was so drawn to it when i saw the pictures. it sounds like jsut something i need. thanks again

azuremariposa
30-04-2003, 05:11
well, i'm glad i helped you find a new stone hexy!

for those interested, i came across a site today that looked VERY interesting...so, i am sharing the link(wealth):
The Mineral of the Month Club (http://www.mineralofthemonthclub.org)
i have not joined yet (if anyone is a member, i'd love to hear your experiences), but i will definitely be ordering some of their gemstone strands in the future...(they look faboo! :D)

many blessings!

~azure

buzzbee
16-07-2003, 00:49
I like to sit quietly with a new stone and see which chakras respond to its presence. This tells me how the stone will work with me. The sensation will be one of weighty-ness or a stirring (like butterflies) at the affected chakra. The activity and color associated with a chakra will usually correspond to the stone’s colors & indicate its best use.

My favorite clear quartz crystals are the tabular, aka “tabbies”, the flat ones associated with telepathic communications, especially if double terminated. I use tabbies to make templates by gluing-on tiny herkemer crystals, Moldavite, tiny pyramids and assorted crystal or gemstone chips associated with the need. I can then program and point this tabby template at the chakra for which it was designed. This has been effective in healing and especially for cleansing and balancing the aura.

Favorite stones: Amethyst, Moldavite, Labradorite, and Rhodochrosite

The 1st time I met Moldavite was at a new age shop where I’m a frequent visitor and known by the (then) owner, Sally. She said she had something new for me to try. I was purchasing a 1.5” red phantom crystal and had it in my left hand. Sally popped a pea-sized Moldavite into my open left palm, and slapped a 4” chunk of black tourmaline into my right hand & stood back. Instantly I felt an electrical current pass from the right to the left. We both heard a static-like “snap” and the phantom and Moldavite jumped out of my open palm to land on the floor. Naturally I bought the Phantom and Moldavite. I already had some tourmaline.

One time I was using a tabby-herkemer template pointed at my heart chakra & that same pea-sized Moldavite set in my bra so it’d be at heart level. I was sitting with my eyes closed & had just begun to center. WHAM! I felt as if the Moldavite pebble hit me right between the eyes. It was a totally physical sensation, like being hit with a thrown stone. I patted my front and the stone had not physically moved. From this experience I decided that Moldavite resonates to the 3rd eye, & have since read the same findings in Melodies’ “Love is in the Earth” book. I find that Moldavite also raises the vibration of any stone it is paired with to the next level. This is helpful if you don’t have a specific stone you need for a layout, then you can take a lower-resonating stone and pair it with Moldavite to create the higher vibratory effect.

On one visit to the new age shop, I paused in the doorway – stunned. I saw and sensed from across the room, a glow and sparkle in the air above a tray of tumbled stones in the work-area behind the counter. The stones were just being put into the tray for sale. They were Labradorite. I got pick-of-the-litter. :D

Sometimes crystals sing to me … erm, what I mean is, I’m hypnotically drawn to sing to them. At the shop, I’ve walked past a display and broken into a tuneless “Om” song as I passed a particular laser point. I circled around the store and had the same thing happen again. The song just erupts up from my gutt and pops out. This also happens when I’m using my crystals at home, & in private I can cut loose & belt it out, which tends to excite the cats. Music crytics!

I keep my larger quartz crystal points standing upright in a covered terrarium filled with 3” of sand. Occasionally just as I’ve turned out the lights, I’ve seen little blue-white lightening flashes flicker counter-clockwise from stone to stone. I have two cherished photographs of friends with similar blue flashes in the act of firing. One photo of my friend, my sister and I has the blue flare flashing off my stomach, & another photo of myself, the same friend and psychic Uri Geller, shows a flare firing off the left arm of my friend who’s in a bear hug clench with Geller. There’s no mistaking the blue flares – they are quite clear. Both photographic occasions were times of heightened energy and excitement.

I selected my crystal ball because of the way my stomach felt – like dropping in an elevator - when I held the ball the 1st time. Afterward, when I’ve worked with the ball, it’s as though it teaches me. I’ll have information suddenly slotted into my mind, whole-concept. I’ve been a trance-channeling medium since 1972 that may account for the style and manner of receiving information. I usually won’t “see” something in the ball, but by holding the ball, I will “know”. What I’ll see in the ball itself is just colors and clouds that have to be interpreted. In a few instances an image will pop into my mind after the crystal fades to black.

I’ve found Lepidolite with ruby to be very soothing, almost to the point of nodding off to sleep when I hold an egg-shape piece I have. Amethyst also has a soothing effect, but not in a physical sense. When holding amethyst I can concentrate better & more clearly visualize.

Labradorite however has to be my passion among passions in stones. I go into “crystal thrall” and simply phase out of the present whenever I hold this stone. Nothing puts me between the worlds like Labradorite.

My very first gemstone purchased in a piece of jewelry was a Rhodachrosite ring. It opened the way for me to the rest of the stones, which is appropriate as I associate it with the heart chakra and opening blocked emotions.

Oops this got way too long.

Chronata
17-07-2003, 10:53
I like the stones that play with light, and have lots of different colors...all in one stone!

Like Opal, and Labradorite...and I love the two color combinations of Ametrine (Citrine and Amethyst) and the different hues of like, a watermelon Tourmaline.

And I love Alexandrite, for it's chameleon ability to actually change color in different kinds of light.

Iam sure that there are other stones I love that fall in the full spectrum of all colors...but my favorites, hands down, are the ones that include the entire spectrum in one place!

punkangelgcm437
17-07-2003, 12:43
Azure...you forgot about Sapphire under Dark Blue. LOL. Sapphires are sooo so pretty...I love em.

This is the first time I've come into this section...looks like I'll find even more things to read. :) I've never expiremented with stones & such...but sounds like fun.

See Yall Around
~Much Love~
~Sarah~

rostie
18-07-2003, 08:46
at this particular moment i just am in love with my opals and my kyanite...they help me a lot right now...and they are just sooo beautifull!!!

over the whole line of my gems i especially love the ones who play with light and have a sort, i don't know how to explain in english, the lining like tourmalines, cat's/tiger eye, etc also ones who have natural colors (browns...) like stoned/petrified wood, stoned roses of the desert ( i know the terms are wrong but don't know them in english ;))...also ones who include the rainbowspectra or fractions of them in crystals...