a rainbow of stones...

azuremariposa

(tryin' to breathe some life into this section here)
i thought it might be interesting to list our favourite stones from each "colour" group...:) whether it's for their beauty or for their metaphysical properites...

pink
rose quartz (naturally)
morganite
pink halite
pink tourmaline

red
ruby
zincite
eudialyte

orange
carnelian
honey calcite
tangerine quartz
sunstone

yellow
citrine
golden labradorite
golden apatite

green
prasiolite
chrysoprase
aventurine
hiddenite

light blue
aquamarine
blue halite
larimar

dark blue
sodalite
blue kyanite
iolite
azurite (shocking, eh?)

violet
tanzanite
lepidolite
fluorite
sugilite
amethyst

clear
clear quartz
azeztulite
selenite
petalite

misc.
tourmalined quartz
rutilated quartz
labradorite
moonstone (rainbow especially)
black tourmaline
ametrine

anyone else want to list some of their favourites?
(doesn't have to be the whole rainbow ;) heh)

many blessings...

~azure

Phoenix

Black
Black tourmaline
Onyx
Obsidian
Jet

hexy

what about some plum coloured stones?
not burgundy, or red, or pink or purple, but really plumm-ey
anyone know any of those that are wonderful?

azuremariposa

hexy said:
what about some plum coloured stones?
not burgundy, or red, or pink or purple, but really plumm-ey
anyone know any of those that are wonderful?
well, i'll try to hunt down some photos, but one of the ones i mentioned under red is actually pink-red, and could be somewhat "plummy" ;) it's called eudialyte and is quite pretty...also, one of the purple ones i mentioned is kinda plummy but dark, sugilite...look those up if you like...sugilite is especially good for psychic protection...:D

many blessings!

~azure

azuremariposa

Phoenix said:
Black
Black tourmaline
Onyx
Obsidian
Jet
this will seem silly to ask, but do you prefer regular obsidian or snowflake? i like the snowflake one so much better... and i forgot to make a section for "black" :) (though i did remember my fave, black tourmaline)...so, what say you Phoenix? all black or snowflake?? :D

~azure

Phoenix

I only have snowflake, as it seems to be more common than straight black obsidian. I also want to get a piece of maogany obsidian.

Butterfly

Actually, this has little to do with what you asked. But I have small "worry" stones- one the colour of each chakra. when I'm in need of a bit of soothing I tumble them between my hands.

rostie

Butterfly said:
Actually, this has little to do with what you asked. But I have small "worry" stones- one the colour of each chakra. when I'm in need of a bit of soothing I tumble them between my hands.

:)wich one for each chakra??? i would love to know...

coldsuns

How about Jade..? Is Jade a crystal too? Or rather a mineral?

azuremariposa

Coldsuns, it can be crystals, stones, whatever you like...i have some lovely stones i got from the ocean that i have no clue as to their nature, but i love them and their energy...:D

jade is wonderful too...there is "purple jadeite", which is very cool looking! ;) and i love combining jade w/rose quartz! it's beautiful and very soothing...

Phoenix, i've never seen mahogany obsidian! (now i'll be hunting for it! lol) i'm assuming it is deep brown like the wood??

And Butterfly, your input is always appreciated!! i'm curious as to which stones you use as well...i tend to stick to the more traditional/readily available ones when working w/chakras...:)

many blessings to all!

~azure

p.s. i had a couple of ideas for new posts in this area, so don't be surprised if you see a bunch at once, ok? ;)