Progressions help....exchange

214red

Hi

I am still learning predictive astrology, however because of the state of flux i am in and the changes happening this year i would love a heads up. I am therefore asking for an astrology exchange, someone to have a look at my progressions for some key months, and i will give them a reading in any method i can (mediumship, tarot etc)

Thanks
Nik

Minderwiz

Hi Nik,

I don't primarily use progressions in my work. Like Dave, I tend to use Solar Returns, though I use them as support for Primary Directions. If I use Secondaries, it's as a confirmation if I'm in doubt.

However if you get stuck with someone taking you up, then I'll be glad to help you work through your own.

214red

i am happy with SR or solar arcs or directions to be honest methods make no difference to me as i am still going to learn transits and progressions in my own time, just not in time to give me a heads up really

Minderwiz

OK then you're on.

I have a couple of things on the go at the moment, so it's going to be later in the weak before I can get round to it. If anyone offers in the meantime please feel free to take them on, I can always just give you second opinion.

214red

never a rush its been going on since jan...lol

Minderwiz

Would you mind if I included your chart in my coverage of Primary Directions in the traditional Astrology thread? At least that would get us started and then we can look at Solar Returns and Transits later.

214red

i am happy with that, am flexible:)

Minderwiz

Predictions for 2010-2011

I'll try and apply the material on Traditional Astrology to the predictions for the year beginning July 20 2010. As it's a little time since we looked at 2009 - 1010, I'll begin with a reminder post dealing with the Primary directions for the two years. Then in the next post we'll move on and look at the Profections for 2010-2011.

I'll then move on and look at the 2010 Solar Return using traditional methods, add a couple of comments using precession corrected charts (And perhaps Dave might like to contribute there). That will leave any transits to consider, which will be a subsequent post.

Please ask any questions as I go through the reading, (and of Dave, if he contributes) as that is the way that you (and I) will learn.

Primary Directions 2010 - 2011

08 Dec 2010 Terms of Mars to Ascendant – incites rash actions, has a hand in many idle and wicked matters, a general distemper of the body. As Mars also rules the 7th this might have a negative effect on relationships.

15 April 2011 Trine of Moon to Sun - Good for employment as it brings you to the notice of ‘kings and persons of great quality’ in a favourable way, You may be taking ‘necessary and honourable journeys’ or ‘shall marry a rich wife or be busy in matters of concern to wives and women’ You will also increase your number of friends.’ Now I’m not sure you will marry a ‘ rich wife’ LOL but the involvement in women’s affairs may well be a possibility. Hopefully it will also be good for the job.

09 May 2011 Square of Sun to Lot of Fortune – This isn’t as good as it might first seem because of the square. It might be an expensive period (literally a loss of some of your fortune). That might also (or instead) mean a hard time at work.

As well as directions to the Ptolemaic ‘hylegical places’ (the five places mentioned above) Lilly also takes directions to other planets. During the period in question we have the following:

10 August 2010 - Saturn to square of Mars – This is not so good, unless Saturn is playing it’s role as house ruler. Mars rules your seventh House so that could be restrictions on relationships (remember relationships here are not just those concerned with romance. so it might show up as issues with one or more others that you relate to in your normal life). Mars also rules Aries, intercepted in your twelfth. The issue of hidden enemies, has already been raised in terms of people at work. 'Enemies' here does not have to be read in a dramatic sense - it could be sniping, back biting or simply talking behind your back.

22 December 2010 – Terms of Mars to Venus – This is not so good for matters of Venus and is likely to take over or reduce the effects of the Venus to Venus direction mentioned earlier.

2 Feb 2011 – Saturn to the sextile of Saturn – Saturn is directed for matters relating to ancestors, inheritances, buildings, professions, fears, jealousies and mistrust. That’s a mixed bag and given the sextile is a beneficial aspect. Again Saturn may be acting as a house ruler in which case modest benefits might accrue.

That's a total of six directions, which should begin to be noticed from August 2010 approximately. Please remember that PDs are the 'hour hand' of prediction, they mark the major changes but there is some 'latitude' in terms of when they will come about (perhaps a few weeks or even months, if the birth time is not accurate).

Edited to Add:

There are 4 Primary Directions which I did not treat in the thread on Traditional Approaches, because of Space issues. I'll add them in here as they occur during the year from July 2010.

19th Jan 2011 Trine of Jupiter to Venus. This should be a wholly good Direction, involving both benefics. The only fly in the ointment is that Jupiter rules both 8th and 12th Houses. As Venus rules your Ascendant, and Libra intercepted in the sixth and natal Jupiter is in your first House - Health issues could be to the fore. Hopefully this should be a good time both spiritually and physically but you might confirm that through a health check, if you don't have them regularly already.

31 Jan 2011 - You have the Star Zuben Elgenubi conjunct Mars. The modern name of the Star is Alpha Librae, and it is the second brightest star in the constellation of Libra. However the name comes from the Arabic for 'southern claw' and seems to date back to a time when Libra was not seen as a separate constellation from Scorpio. I need to research this star but it seems to have a Mars type effect simply from that description.

2nd April 2011 - Venus to the square of Mars, - a challenging time, probably involving establishing yourself against others, a need to assert who you are

19th June 2011 - Terms of Saturn to Mercury - the terms in question are those in Virgo and Virgo is on the cusp of the sixth, so I expect some mild restrictions related to health. As this is not an aspect, I expect it to add a very mild overlay rather than being anything significant.

The next post will be on the profections.

214red

thanks minderwiz, i will digest this tomorrow!

Minderwiz

No rush, it will take me a couple of days or more to organise my stuff on profections. Please remember that for PDs to have a good chance of working out they need supporting profections/solar returns/transits. So we will have to check at each stage to see that our other measures agree or disagree with the PDs.