Fairy and Angel cards

Dark Eyes

Hi all,
I have a deck of Healing with the Fairies, and Healing with the Angels Oracle cards by Doreen Virtue,
Does anybody use these for full readings, please excuse my ignorance if there is already a thread for either of these. I have not been able to locate any.
I love the cards, both decks are beautiful, but I would like more information on how best to use them. I do tarot and palmistry both, and combine them in readings, but I was wondering about the oracle cards I have.
Anybody with guidance on this , I would appreciate.
Thankyou
Dark Eyes.

angelwhispers

I have both these decks.....

and I also think both are beautiful. It seems that I 've connected better with the angels than fairies though. But as to your question. I have tried to lay them out in a row and read with them but didn't have very good results after the first couple cards so then I decided to just use them as guidance. What kind of guidance do I need today? What do my angels want me to know today? I usually pull 2 cards and thats it. I've also used them after a tarot reading to add to it but still as guidance. The angel cards have been dead on for me everytime I've done this.
I believe in one of the books it says you can lay them out and gives a 5 card spread example. Have you tried that?

Dark Eyes

Thankyou Angelwhispers for your reply.
No, I didn't know about the 5 card spread, I too have really only ever used them for personal guidance myself. eg taking a card a day, to give me some direction in my day. I will look out for the spread in the book, maybe the book would be available in the local bookshop, I will try.
I love the cards, both decks are equally inspiring to me. I love the pictures, they make me feel good.
Thankyou for your interest and response
many happy blessings
Dark Eyes.

angelwhispers

Made a mistake...

I'm sorry Dary Eyes I misinformed you. After I typed my response I thought I better check on that so I got out both decks and flipped through the books and couldn't find the five card spread I mentioned, what made me think it was a 5 card spread was in the fairie book on pg 13-14 it talks about using both decks together and it has 4 rows. Your past, present, future. I just wanted to let you know I was wrong so you didn't go searching for that spread somewhere. Sorry about that.
That's what I get for posting before I finish all my coffee...:D

Dark Eyes

No problem at all Angelwhispers,
I do appreciate your letting me know. I am sure a spread could be worked out however, i think I will work on my own. They are such beautiful cards, it would be great to share them with others by usung a spread for a reading, but maybe just a one card guide is just as good, There is so much in one card to use.
Again, my best wishes, enjoy your coffee, I may have one myself now. Thanks for inspiring me, both cards and coffee sound great !
Until next time
Dark Eyes.

sunflowr

Dark Eyes said:
Thankyou Angelwhispers for your reply.
No, I didn't know about the 5 card spread, I too have really only ever used them for personal guidance myself. eg taking a card a day, to give me some direction in my day. I will look out for the spread in the book, maybe the book would be available in the local bookshop, I will try.
I love the cards, both decks are equally inspiring to me. I love the pictures, they make me feel good.
Thankyou for your interest and response
many happy blessings
Dark Eyes.

You dont have to go to a bookshop. The books are with the decks. :)

I too have both decks as well as "Messages from your angels" and my newly aquired "Magical Mermaids and Dolphins", both from Doreen Virtue. I love her decks. :) I use them for guidance. With the 2 decks you have, I pull one card each from them. :) I read them together and it works really well!

Dark Eyes

Hi sunflowr
Thankyou, yes I do have the little book that comes with the deck. I was just wondering how others used them, whether there was a preferred spread to use for others, whether Some of you use them in conjunction with other decks or just as a full reading. Also, maybe some interpret them and combine them to get more involved meanings, rather than just as one card reading. Was really just fishing for ideas, but your idea of combining the two decks sounds like fun.
Will give it a go, thanks.
Best wishes Dark Eyes.

angelwhispers

Dark Eyes,
this thread inspired me to try again and do an actual spread with these cards, so I broke out the Fairies ( I thought I'd try to connect more with them) and did a Body, Mind, Spirit and Past Present Future spread. I wanted to keep it small and simple for now but it seemed to work out really well.
I'm glad you asked this question, I shouldn't have closed off the idea of using a spread with these oracle cards just because it didn't work the first time. If at first you don't succeed try try again. :)

Dark Eyes

Hi Angelwhispers,
I am glad you have touched bases again with the fairy cards. It is funny, but there is so much written in the forum on the tarot, about each card and different peoples views and interpretations of them. I guess because the tarot is such an old oracle with so many cards in it. I just wonder why there isn't much written about the other oracle cards in as much detail or diversity here on the forum. Why there seems to be so little about spreads and readings etc.
Oh well, I guess someone should start one in that case. Perhaps we ought to !!
It is just that when I do palmistry readings at fairs and festivals, I sometimes see readers with the fairy/angel oracle cards on their table. They appear to be doing spreads, but I have never had time to actually go and ask them how they use them with regard to full readings, but your idea sounds like it would work. These readers don't appear to have tarot cards as well.... Hmmm ... interesting! They must be doing something that I havn't worked out yet.
Anyway, maybe in the near future we will see other postings relating to this I hope. In the mean time, I will give your suggestions a go, and perhaps post the results for further discussion.
Have a great night, I'm off to bed now.
Happy thoughts heading your way
Dark Eyes.

Butterfly

I do healing work with the fairies cards, I don't really see them beyond that context. They haven't really lent themselves to anything beyond daily cards for me. If I have a question that reqires more information, or is beyond the scope of just healing- I'll always reach for my faerie oracle, faerie ring, or fey tarot.