A natal chart and 2010 year inquiry

Ronia

Hi everyone! I am usually just reading here because I'm not very good in astrology but yesterday I found in my mother's box with documents a natal chart made for me long ago. It has some explanations added to it but very brief. I am wondering if anyone would agree to tell me more about this year as I have a natal chart now? I am willing to exchange for both Tarot and Oracle readings + I will provide all possible feedback. Thank you very much in advance, this is a challenging year for me and I'd appreciate some guidance!

Ronia

OK, I have a more precise question and I hope someone can help. I'll attach a chart to this. I read in this old horoscope that because Jupiter was retrograde when I was born this would mean luck in my endeavors would be non existing, hard work would be the only way to succeed. I just wonder what exactly means that Jupiter was retrograde then? Thanks a bunch, the offer for exchange remains! :)

http://picasaweb.google.ca/simplyaven/NatalChart#5464615955681265554

Minderwiz

Apart from Sun and Moon all planets spend some time retrograde - when the appear to be moving backwards through the zodiac. The mechanics of this depend on the relative speed of Earth and the other planet in their orbits around the Sun'

Traditionally, moving in the wrong direction was seen as being a debility, or weakness. Now that's just one weakness out of a balance of strength and weaknesses and taking it on its own is dangerous and often misleading - rather like saying that Superman is allergic to Kryptonite so he must be a weakling compared to humans, who have no such reaction

Jupiter is usually associated with good fortune and good luck. Being retrograde does not suddenly make it unlucky or rob it of that quality. It's still fortunate but on that ONE measure, it's less fortunate. Your Jupiter is also in Aries, a fire sign, so it's in its own triplicity (element) which makes is a strength, it is conjunct an angle (the IC). which also makes it stronger.

One indicator is not enough to change the entire meaning of a planet and indeed a whole series of debilities would not make Jupiter unlucky but it could make Jupiter a lot less effective in bringing luck or fortune.

Incidentally, I've often found that people make their own luck and 'hard work' can bring much more fortune than sitting back and waiting for things to fall into your lap. Your Jupiter can and will be effective, it does not in any way preclude any luck because its retrograde.

One last thing, your post focussed on the 'luck' or 'fortune' side of Jupiter, it is also the planet of expansion and growth and your personal growth is in not removed by Jupiter being retrograde for exactly the same reasons.

Ronia

Thank you so much for taking the time! I know very little and was just reading this old horoscope, that's what it said - little luck in general. While I'm all about hard work, it sounded a bit discouraging. I understand better now, thanks! :) I focused on luck because despite the hard work my writing endeavors are not doing well and I wondered if there was an indication in my horoscope for this. :)

Ah, the square with the Acsendent, is this what you were saying makes it stronger? In this old horoscope it says I overindulge myself with food which has nothing to do with the reality, I eat very little usually while I still like well prepared food but overindulgence is not my thing.