PDA

View Full Version : At last....A good crystal book WITH PHOTOS!!

Kyrielle
01-05-2003, 05:03
A while ago there was a thread lamenting the lack of a really good book of stone lore that also included photos of the stones it discussed.

I found a book called "Crystal Power, Crystal Healing: The Complete Handbook" that may be what you are looking for. It has a good amount of information on most of the major stones out there, plus a few unusual ones. There is a color photo of a specimen of each stone. It also has an interesting section on the properties of mineral-forming elements, and a section on the general qualities of each color of stone. So if you have a red mineral and you can't find it in any reference book, you can get a general idea of its properties. It has an extensive scientific discussion as well as a metaphysical one.

It is a fairly expensive book -- list price $24.95 US -- but it is over 400 pages long and of good quality paper. If you are looking for a book with good, clearly presented information and photos of the stones, this one is worth it. It's still cheaper than getting Melody's book AND all the photo supplements.

Author is Michael Gienger and ISBN is 0-7137-2677-6.

-- Kyrielle

azuremariposa
01-05-2003, 05:23
cool! i will have to add that to my collection! :D thanks for the info, Kyrielle!

many blessings...

~azure

Ruby7
01-05-2003, 11:52
I have this book too, and absolutely recommend it. Michael Gienger has a science background and thorough knowledge of minerals, this is very apparent in his examination of the healing properties of crystals (spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically).

DarkElectric
11-07-2003, 07:11
I have it too.
I find it extremely useful, and comprehensive. I like the information on the healing properties of the stones, the emotional and mental quotient being addressed is helpful.

It gets my vote:)

Kyrielle
11-07-2003, 13:00
Here's another one that just came out: The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. Nice photos, and it references Melody a lot, but in much clearer terms. Well-organized, compact size, yet comprehensive.

-- Kyrielle

napaea
10-08-2003, 05:21
wow! thanks guys.
i'm having a bugger of a time figuring out what some of my stones are!
of course i bought them at the store at different times, and there was a slip availible that said what they were and what for...
and of course i've lost all the slips!

and the books! geesh! i've checked out 5 so far that are either b&w pics (really helpful) or show only the raw version of the stone, and mine are all tumbled.
grrrrr...

so thanks for the suggestions!

sirona86
16-08-2003, 17:36
i just won this book on ebay :)

Dexter
21-09-2003, 00:26
I have this book also and just love it. I had bought a previous one but nothing compares to this one. I find the section on how crystals are formed and the reasons they work to be wonderful. It really helps when you try to explain to a sceptic why these wonderful objects work the way they do.