How long is too long to wait for a prediction

mystic Guy

Hi guys could some of you help me with some things ,First what is the longest into the future you have predicted ,I started learning cards in Feb 09 ,and asked a question about the future of a situation and loved the cards I got ,but all year nothing happened so in Feb 10 I asked same question and got the same cards..As I said It's been year that I have been reading cards and although I do get solid matter of fact type answers in questions about me in love,home,work and so on nothing has changed , I'm learning Tarot and Lenormand cards and I do know there is SOMETHING to it because the answers I get and cards I draw are right on the button but a SMALL part of me is starting to lose faith ,what do you guys think how long is to long in Tarot ,any help please ,thanks

Shannon Rae

This is an interesting question.

For myself, readings just always come to pass. I don't think I've had this problem. Maybe it's a problem with interpretation?

Umbrae

Good question.

Here’s the gig. Ever have a friend who regardless of what time you tell him to show up is always late?

Ever get the concept of ‘Island Time’?

Not everybody has the same internal concept of time. This is further molded by cultural and geographic backgrounds.

Westerners are always driven crazy in some parts of the world because the folks there just do not have the same concept of time as we do.

Time has nothing to do with clocks and calendars. Time has to do with how we conceive the passage of time.

So to answer your question – the best way is to begin to journal so you can learn to understand your own concept of time. Locking your brain into someone else’s concept of time will always leave your readings ‘less than’.

First things first, understand your own ‘time’. Journal.

AJ

That is a great additional reason to journal Umbrae.

Can you put up the question and cards in the Your Readings forum?
When you say you got the same cards both times do you mean the exact same cards in the same positions, or different cards which you read the same?

I guess that's off topic, but then I don't believe in predictive tarot, so probably shouldn't be here at all :)

mystic Guy

AJ said:
That is a great additional reason to journal Umbrae.

Can you put up the question and cards in the Your Readings forum?
When you say you got the same cards both times do you mean the exact same cards in the same positions, or different cards which you read the same?

I guess that's off topic, but then I don't believe in predictive tarot, so probably shouldn't be here at all :)
Hi AJ I wont put it in the reading forum because I don't want feed back on the cards I already know what they are saying so to speak , but I suffered a really big wrong and asked if a someone a guy would be brought to Justice, now a year ago with the nine card spread ,past present and future ,it was my first month so I did not look at the first 6 cards and just rushed to the future cards and they were Justice ,4 swords and Tower ,justice and the tower may have been the other way around as in the tower may have come first.. And when I asked last month I got first three cards ,Judgement,8 Wands,9 swords..The 2nd three cards were Magician, Hierophant and page of Cups, And the three cards for the future were 7 Pent Justice and 4 swords ..but nothing seems to be happening ,I'm starting to think the cards are mocking me lol just joking ,anyway thanks guys

pasara

I agree with AJ, that the first place to start might be in your interpretation. Since you say you felt deeply wronged, it might be that your interpretation lacked objectivity and that your desire for the individual to come to justice affected your reading.

Also, I would look at how you frame your question too. For example, what does it mean to say will so and so come to justice? what does that mean? will he be punished as you see fit or ?? will he be exposed to the world via the 6 o'clock news? will he meet his maker in the afterlife and be condemned to eternal damnation? or??? this wording also is in a yes/no format which also limits things.

Finally, if you want a specific time frame it is helpful to put it into your question. So, for example, you might want to ask what the results of so and so's actions will be over the next 3 months or six months or whatever. Hope this helps you.

Sulis

moderator note

mystic Guy said:
Hi AJ I wont put it in the reading forum because I don't want feed back on the cards I already know what they are saying so to speak , but I suffered a really big wrong and asked if a someone a guy would be brought to Justice, now a year ago with the nine card spread ,past present and future ,it was my first month so I did not look at the first 6 cards and just rushed to the future cards and they were Justice ,4 swords and Tower ,justice and the tower may have been the other way around as in the tower may have come first.. And when I asked last month I got first three cards ,Judgement,8 Wands,9 swords..The 2nd three cards were Magician, Hierophant and page of Cups, And the three cards for the future were 7 Pent Justice and 4 swords ..but nothing seems to be happening ,I'm starting to think the cards are mocking me lol just joking ,anyway thanks guys

This is a reminder that if you want to talk about the specifics of a reading you should post the whole thing, with your interpretation in Your Readings.

For other posters, please keep this discussion to the topic of the thread; 'How long is too long to wait for a prediction' and do not discuss the specific cards pulled in this forum.

Thanks

Sulis - Talking Tarot co-moderator

mystic Guy

Sulis said:
This is a reminder that if you want to talk about the specifics of a reading you should post the whole thing, with your interpretation in Your Readings.

For other posters, please keep this discussion to the topic of the thread; 'How long is too long to wait for a prediction' and do not discuss the specific cards pulled in this forum.

Thanks

That's all I want to know, have some of you waited 18 months 2 years what's the longest you have had to wait for something to come to pass, thanks guys

stpcarly

My own experience, I've once had something in the cards come to pass six years after the reading.

I did just a general for myself, which was rare, and it showed a divorce and moving to a foreign country (six if swords is the cards I most remember about the spread for some reason). I laughed and said, I'm happily married and even if I divorced I have no plans to move to another country, I haven't even been out of the state before! LOL Well six years later, I was divorced and moved to another country, France. I had forgotten about the reading about a year after my divorce I stumbled upon my old tarot journal I had brought with me.

So I believe things come to pass, may take many years and sometimes things may happen and you don't even realize they have; Like you said, you asked about this certain man receiving justice, perhaps in the tarots view this man has received justice, just not the type you were thinking of? Or perhaps it is still a ways ahead?