PDA

View Full Version : Threads posted twice with exact message (bug?)

zephyr_heart
02-04-2010, 02:26
Some threads here seems to be posted more than once containing the exact same message. I wonder how does this came to happen? A bug maybe?

gregory
02-04-2010, 02:36
From past bitter experience - it usually seems to happen with a dodgy connection, when someone has posted, it seems not to go through, and they post again, and it did in fact take. I have - when on dialup connections - posted 4 identical posts on occasion ..... Not just this forum, either. What I now do, when I suspect, is to check new posts before reposting - and mine will generally be there !

zephyr_heart
02-04-2010, 03:37
Hmmm... Makes me wonder... if, your amount of posting right now (more than 35,000) is caused by that :p

gregory
02-04-2010, 10:40
Don't THINK so... I usually ask for dupes to be deleted.... and I always check when I think one slipped, now.

But you never know....

thorhammer
02-04-2010, 10:48
Deleted dupes still count to your post count, I'm pretty sure ;)

zephyr - lately we've noticed quite a lot in the trade train thread that at some times of the day (seems to be midday/early afternoon in Western Australia where I am) that the forum slows right down. I know Solandia backs up the forum daily and that might be the time she's doing it nowadays. It's not a bug, just a glitch associated with slowdown at the time of the backup, I think.

\m/ Kat

gregory
02-04-2010, 10:53

zephyr - lately we've noticed quite a lot in the trade train thread that at some times of the day (seems to be midday/early afternoon in Western Australia where I am) that the forum slows right down. I know Solandia backs up the forum daily and that might be the time she's doing it nowadays. It's not a bug, just a glitch associated with slowdown at the time of the backup, I think.

\m/ Kat
Oh well - it can't have been more than 50 odd, as I always check now !

Sulis
02-04-2010, 20:11

No they don't. Deleted posts, if they are actually removed by a moderator get taken off your post count.

thorhammer
02-04-2010, 20:25
No they don't. Deleted posts, if they are actually removed by a moderator get taken off your post count.
Ah, thankyou :) I stand corrected! :)

\m/ Kat

zephyr_heart
04-04-2010, 17:32
So, does closed threads still count then?

Sulis
04-04-2010, 22:32
Yes, a closed thread counts because it's still visible on the forums.
A deleted post doesn't count because it's actually been removed from the public forums by a moderator.
If the post is still visible but you've edited it so that there is no content or it just says 'delete' it counts in your post count as it's not really been deleted (removed from the forum)... Does that make sense?