Reading when the querant is not present

Luccicards

If the querent is not present can a reading still be done effectively? Is there a better way to do it? Should the querent's name and birthday for example be written down somewhere?

jcwirish

Luccicards said:
If the querent is not present can a reading still be done effectively? Is there a better way to do it? Should the querent's name and birthday for example be written down somewhere?

Yes, you can read for a person who is not present. You don't need their birthday or anything. I think it's necessary for me to have their name, because I focus on that while I'm asking the question. I do readings all the time for people I've never met, and they seem to work quite well.

SunChariot

Luccicards said:

Absolutely. I only read online and it works very well for me. I don't need their birthday to read for them. But I need at least their first name and the first name of anyone mentioned in the question. The question needs to be clear so the powers that be that send the answers through the cards, know how to send the right answer. EG If you ask "What does Myrna need to know about her friend now?", she likely has more than one friend so the question is too ambiguous to be answerable. You need at least the first name of anyone involved.

I do tend to ask now about the sex of the querent (I mean male of female, LOL). As I've gotten caught in embarassing situations before where someone wanted to now about their future and I phrased the question:" What does Robin need to know about her future?" and Robin wrote back telling me he was a man. That can get embarassing. LOL Sometimes it's best to ask first. :grin:

Babs

Luccicards

Thanks Babs. Do you simply think of the name in your head or do you write it down on a piece of paper.

SunChariot

Luccicards said:
Thanks Babs. Do you simply think of the name in your head or do you write it down on a piece of paper.

You're welcome, Luccicards, :heart:

I don't think of the name at all. I only need to form the question properly.

I don't think of the name at all as I am reading, I just read the question over before pulling the cards. The way I work is that I do not at all try to connect to the querent in any way, shape or form. So there is no reason to repeat their name. I am NOT trying to connect TO them. I am working to connect to my higher powers (in my belief that is my angels) and once that connection is open to just ask THEM the question and let them answer.

That is my way anyway,:grin:

Babs

Luccicards

Ah I see. What a brilliant answer Babs :). Thanks again

SunChariot

Luccicards said:
Ah I see. What a brilliant answer Babs :). Thanks again
Thank you.:heart: My (personal) view is that it's just easier to connect with that for the answers. Because that is a objective flawless source of wisdom and I think sometimes that connecting to others can be confusing. As people do not always understand themselves "flawlessly" and can tend to see themselves subjectively. They often have blockages, and cannot always see the real truth about themselves. But if you go to a higher source you will always get accurate info. That is my belief.

Babs

nisaba

Luccicards said:
Go into the exchange threads and look.

If you are squeamish about spying on people, look at the readings I've done recently in the Circle of Stones and the RED exchange threads.

I have never met any of these people.

I don't know their real names, their dates of birth, anything.

The readings are specific to them, and wouldn't mean anything to anyone else - it's not as if I use a whole lot of vague stuff that anyone could relate to. I don't.

It's perfectly do-able, and in fact, easy.

Lokismile

Yes, absolutely.

I recommend a seperate deck specifically for this purpose, or only using the deck you do readings for in person as well for other people. I do not utilize my own personal use decks for remote readings.

The majority of time I do a remote reading it is for my information, btw. Do not discount that opportunity.

pasara

Luccicards said:
Nothing needs to be written down, unless you are someone who tends to lose track of what your original question was. Some people get a little side-tracked and lost, forget what they were originally asking about. I don't need anybody's birthdate or real name, though I do look at their screenname and what they wrote in their reading request just as a way to focus as I shuffle the cards and think about the question at hand.

Lokismile said:
I recommend a seperate deck specifically for this purpose, or only using the deck you do readings for in person as well for other people. I do not utilize my own personal use decks for remote readings.

People all have their own ritual, but there is no need to do this. Your cards are your cards, they are your tool to use for whatever purpose is most effective for you.