Helpful for long hours of reading

greatdane

OK, this is NOT exactly directly tarot related, but does have to do with those of you who must sit a long time at marathon readings. For some, keeping feet up is probably helpful for circulation. I've read your posts about how hard that can be. I recently got something called the Big Foot footstool through Amazon (and NO, I do not work for either company, although since I do much of my shopping for things most people go to stores for thru Amazon, I am putting several of their children thru law school). It's incredible, very lightweight, room for legs and feet and amazingly comfortable. It was 35 with free shipping. Again, I only mentioned because I have read so many mention sitting for long periods can be difficult and I thought would make it easier for many.

Amanda

Well, if you think it's a good idea for tarot readers, then it would relate to tarot wouldn't it? :D Got a link?

re-pete-a

your seconded on that feet up bit for long readings (and napping, shhh)it's very relaxing.

Amanda

LOL re-pete-a

Well those are nice and very tempting! I was just sitting here the other day after doing a long round of readings here at my desk telling my husband I wish I had something to prop my feet. When I've been sitting here a while, I find myself pulling my legs up under me, putting them up over the sides of the chair, pulling them up to my chest...

Grizabella

The only trouble I can see there is that if I put my feet up, they're sticking straight out in front of me and if the reading table is fairly small, I'd be playing footsie (or they'd think I was) with the knees and legs of the person I was reading for. :p

Otherwise, though, the footstool looks wonderful. Sitting long hours is bad for the circulation and being able to change positions once in awhile is advised.

greatdane

TOO Funny, Griz!

Yeah, that probably wouldn't be good, Griz, but funny! For those of you readers where the querent sits next to you.....well, this would work, right?

Believe me, I looked a long time and through lots of foot stools before finding this one. I didn't want one of those little ones for just propping feet, I wanted one with space for part of legs and this definitely has it. It's one of those relatively inexpensive items that make a big difference, like I wouldn't trade my 15 dollar miniblender for smoothies!

GD

Cerulean

Your footstool was my hassock...

I like cushy foot rests, but use 'foot stool' or 'stepping stool' for the wooden or metal framed things without cushions. For some these might be ottomans..

I wear leggings under flowing dresses and jeans, so usually will sit crosslegged...but I like footrests otherwise...and I think for tarot readings and related books/deck reference projects, all one needs to complete the cushy experience is the tarot tea-tray...

Cerulean

greatdane

Too right, Cerulean

Ottoman may be better word. I have my feet up on it as I type! It's big and round and cushy. Whatever word you want to use, that describes it! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

GD

zephyr_heart

Don't forget, drink. You'll dehydrate sooner or later...