Who was Brian Williams?

firecatpickles

Who was Brian Williams or, more to-the-point, what was his online name?

I am a huge Williams fan and would like to read some of his old posts in the library, assuming of course he was part of this community. He introduces his Minchiate book with a quote presumably from this site...

Anyone know?

Grizabella

Wasn't he a newscaster? That's all I can think of.

baba-prague

I never met him but I know he is much missed still by many people in the tarot community. I don't know if he was ever a member here. I doubt it as I'm not sure AT was really up and running in his time. Some of the original members here - or Solandia herself - may know.

Here is some information about him:
http://www.tarocon.com/

firecatpickles

No. Brian Williams the tarot artist.

firecatpickles

Yes, five books and five decks.

rachelcat

If there was a quote that looked like it could have been Aeclectic, maybe it was Tarot-L? It was too long ago for me, I can't remember (or never knew) who was on it . . .

Maybe Mary (Greer) would know?

firecatpickles

Actually the bio that baba linked mentions an Exoteric-L he must be quoting.

Cerulean

From what I remember

The forums I remember began at Tarot-L but I actually wasn't active there--the offshoot discussion lists for tarot are where I encountered and bought a Minchiate from him---while I was waiting I also found an LS Minchiate at a half-priced bookstore and a Navigators tarot deck--which was delightfully rare to find in discount bookstores at that time.

Since I was more innocent then, the fact that he was local and other people pre-ordered was enough for me to order what I considered quite a pricy deck that I had no idea how I could use. I really liked his Renaissance Tarot book, never used the deck, but admired it. I figured in I got back into Renaissance studies, here was a good resource to help me understand allegorical iconography. I have done many classes since the and say his work is still very very good.

I think in being remembered for his niceness, creativity, and writing easy to understand books and good line art, plus building one's studies--a wonderful memory all around. Even though I only met him thru e-mails, I heard fun stories from others.

I heard a local group called daughters of divination proudly called him one of the first members--that was so like his humor!

Cheers at the name--and that is why I keep my Florentine Minchiate sets and have a smile when I see his name.

Cerulean