Good at distance readings, nervous in person?

tarotferret

Hi everyone,

I've been away from tarot for awhile, only doing readings for myself and others here and there over the last year or so, so I feel a bit rusty. I do mostly distance readings for friends and I've been told they're accurate. However, I'd like to start reading for people in-person. I just get so nervous doing in-person readings. I worry about not making connections in the cards fast enough to satisfy people in-person. Aside from practicing a lot by studying tarot in general and doing more in-person readings to get over my shyness, any hints on feeling more comfortable with this? Is this common or is it just me? I've been reading for 5 years now and I think it may just be my lack of experience reading face-to-face that gets me so worked up about it.

Aladdin

If you find yourself reading for others in a public place like a bar , cafe or pub it might be best to choose the quietest corner you can find to minimize the interjection of somebody enthusiastic enough to offer their interpretations.
In a public place there is always one - sometimes more than one !

Shorter spreads are probably best in such circumstances, ie. no CCs or annual table fillers which some bozo could lean over your shoulder and spill a glass over or float away with a sea of vomit.

If your querrent asks further questions qualifying cards can be drawn.
Long ago one of my friends in the antiques trade was encumbered by a lady of many rods who demanded to know why her silver ware had not been replated after a week. The reply was, "madam, you can't rush craftsmen".
There is probably a parallel there for you.

Amanda

This was *exactly* my problem. And the mindset I had to get into was "Just do it" because that's the only thing you can really do. You will probably be slow at first, putting yourself under pressure to perform; and you will probably mess up or think later, "Oh, I should have said that like this" - but you'll get better... and eventually it will flow. But you have to allow yourself to get over that initial hump, and make a few mistakes in order to do so. So, at least for me- it worked out better assuming ahead of time that I was going to completely eff it up... because then, when I was too slow or messed up, my world didn't come crashing down around me. ;)

celticnoodle

you're not alone in this, tarotferret. I am much more comfortable with distance readings, and when I do face to face, I know my readings are not as good. I get nervous too. sometimes its because of my clients. I do readings face to face, and some of these clients I've read for many times, and so I'm very at ease with them-but others--or new clients--:eek: I just get tongue tied and just uncomfortable.

good luck. i don't have any answers for you, but thought you'd like to know you are not alone in this!

but, oddly enough, psychic readings face to face do not bother me a bit. only tarot readings! :rolleyes: