What is he REALLY?

margi

Hi All,

I have a question..I'm new to astrology and trying to figure out what sign my husband really is, as far as personality/behavior goes...

He is a Taurus Sun/Moon in Virgo/Aquarius Rising, actual B- Day is April 23. His brother was born the same day 4 years later, and they have nothing in common. For the most part, he has no traditional Taurus traits....I thought it may be because he was on the cusp, but he has no Aries traits either...

Anyone know anyone like this?

M

star-lover

hi

he may have a stellium in a certain sign, ie a bunch of planets that give strong vibes from that sign, he may have a strong angular planet that may dilute natural taurean traits, only way to see is if you post his birth chart or give his time date and place of birth and i can post it for you

Minderwiz

It's true that we are much more than our Sun signs but that in turn makes it difficult to answer your question without a full chart. The approach I use basically weights the character type or 'temperament' as:

40% Ascendant
40% Moon
20% Sun

As you can see the Sun gets the smallest share and that share is based on the Season of the year in which the person was born. So it doesn't make any difference whether the Sun was in Aries or was in Taurus (or for that matter Gemini) as they are both Spring births.

To apply it to your husband would require his natal details, as the method also takes into account the relative position of Mercury (ruler of Virgo) to the Sun.

What you describe is fairly common, people who don't match up to the public perception of their Sun sign. Indeed I've actually come across people who say they are typical of their Sun sign, when they obviously aren't - we have got to the stage where we are so used to the Sun sign delineations that we feel we must really be that way.

margi

star-lover said:
hi

he may have a stellium in a certain sign, ie a bunch of planets that give strong vibes from that sign, he may have a strong angular planet that may dilute natural taurean traits, only way to see is if you post his birth chart or give his time date and place of birth and i can post it for you
Thank You starlover,
I know that he won't have alot of traits like his brother, but I was born the same day as my mother and we are similar....both Pisces. But with D, my husband, he has not a one trait like a Taurus, so I looked at his moon and his acsendant and nothing there either...I'm learning about the houses right now, so the answer could lie there.

born on 23 April 1975 local time 4:04 am
in Salt Lake City, UT (US) U.T. 10:04
111w53, 40n46 sid. time 16:39:48

Thanks!
Margi

Minderwiz

Thanks for the natal details.

His temperament works out as a mixture of Melancholic/Sanguine with a very small dash of phlegmatic. This should make him a good planner, who is willing to delegate, can be a bit standoffish in company but his need for intelligent social interaction can overcome this. He's not one for small talk or fun for fun's sake He can be very sociable though with people he sees as like minded. It's possible he likes fantasy games such as Dungeons and Dragons clones, or anything that has an 'alternative universe' theme - so he could be into Star Trek or Star Wars or other such fantasy. He would be quite a keen fan, if only to the extent of enjoying discussions and chats on it.

How this temperament manifests depends on other factors, such as his 'manners' or the way in which his rational and non rational mind acts (shown through Mercury, the Moon amongst other planets.

In modern terms he's not the stubborn Taurus or the Thrusting Aries, he's more relaxed than either of those two 'types' a tendency to be more serious outside the family and in social circles except when he finds that escapism that fuels his need to construct alternatives. I'd also think he would make a very good father, taking a real interest in his children and their upbringing, without being too heavy handed.

margi

Minderwiz said:
Thanks for the natal details.

His temperament works out as a mixture of Melancholic/Sanguine with a very small dash of phlegmatic. This should make him a good planner, who is willing to delegate, can be a bit standoffish in company but his need for intelligent social interaction can overcome this. He's not one for small talk or fun for fun's sake He can be very sociable though with people he sees as like minded. It's possible he likes fantasy games such as Dungeons and Dragons clones, or anything that has an 'alternative universe' theme - so he could be into Star Trek or Star Wars or other such fantasy. He would be quite a keen fan, if only to the extent of enjoying discussions and chats on it.

How this temperament manifests depends on other factors, such as his 'manners' or the way in which his rational and non rational mind acts (shown through Mercury, the Moon amongst other planets.

In modern terms he's not the stubborn Taurus or the Thrusting Aries, he's more relaxed than either of those two 'types' a tendency to be more serious outside the family and in social circles except when he finds that escapism that fuels his need to construct alternatives. I'd also think he would make a very good father, taking a real interest in his children and their upbringing, without being too heavy handed.

Thanks Minderwiz. That does sound alot more like him. I just found it odd that he shows none of the traditional Taurus/Aries traits, but you have explained it well.

I'm going to look into the Mercury effect in your posts about that. But here is the rest of his chart....

planet sign degree motion
Sun Taurus 2°38'21 in house 2 direct
Moon Virgo 29°36'56 in house 7 direct
Mercury Taurus 7°52'08 in house 2 direct
Venus Gemini 11°08'07 end of house 3 direct
Mars Pisces 8°50'47 in house 1 direct
Jupiter Aries 8°31'49 in house 1 direct
Saturn Cancer 13°22'58 in house 5 direct
Uranus Scorpio 0°21'08 in house 8 retrograde
Neptune Sagittarius 11°22'55 end of house 9 retrograde
Pluto Libra 7°13'23 in house 7 retrograde
True Node Sagittarius 1°10'00 in house 9 retrograde
Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

Thank You for all of your help!!!
M