Is it ok to share a deck with another person?

brotherindolence

I've scoured the other forum postings (and indeed the whole internet) for some advice on this tricky subject.
My partner and I each have our "A" Decks, but we have a Rider-Waite that we both use at various times.
does anyone else do this?
I know the tarot is personal, and each deck has a specific relation to it's user.
Is there some steps that can be taken to 'retune' the deck when each of us use it?
or are tarot decks like toothbrushes....
curious to know everyone's thoughts.
BI.:

The crowned one

Post one? Welcome to the forum.

Sure, it is no problem to share. We do it all the time when we trade or buy used decks. Sharing one with someone you love is even better. The second I open a deck it becomes mine, the second I give it away it is someone else. I have "borrowed" decks and not minded one bit.

Kimberlee

I would let my partner borrow some of my decks, and he has offered to let me borrow some of his.

We each have our personal decks that are ours alone, for now. That could change at any time.

I've also let a sitter shuffle a deck, as she is just beginning to cultivate an interest in the tarot. I'm letting her get a feel for the cards, and showing her how to do readings and interpret the cards' meanings.

I've also received decks from trades, and had no adverse reactions to decks that were pre-loved by someone else. :)

~Kimberlee

Lillie

It's your deck, you can do what you like with it.

Taamar

If you're comfortable with it, sure! My heart sister uses my decks all the time.

Alta

I have used the decks of others for reading and others have used mine. To me, it isn't that important at least for my regular decks. If I prize a deck generally, no, I don't let others touch them.

brotherindolence

Thanks for your insights.
this is a happening forum! so many replies so quickly!

I have a zillion questions so I know I have come ot the right place!

thanks so much to you all,
BI