PDA

View Full Version : flags

nisaba
14-04-2010, 21:48
Sheesh! I spend three days away, and all my personal read-message/new-message flags disappear except one!

I refuse to believe that the only message written in three days was this (http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=2262382&postcount=98) ...

<sad grin>.

Now I'm going to have to plough through every thread on every subforum, just in case.

Alta
14-04-2010, 21:49
Yes, I have had that happen too. No idea why, but annoying!

nisaba
14-04-2010, 21:53
Fear not, in those few minutes flags have been popping up, leading me to brand-new posts.

And I'd already revisited some unflagged-but-familiar threads to find new work in them.

Does it happen to everyone simultaneously, or does it happen to individual accounts, do you know?

Alta
14-04-2010, 22:01
Not a clue, I am amazed that I can even read email. :)

Cat*
14-04-2010, 23:07
I always use "New Posts" (in the blue-ish purple line at the top) to see what's new in the entire forum (that is, the parts I haven't filtered out). The only time I get a "wrong" number is when I don't check all new threads, log out/close the browser tab, then log back in and try "New Posts" again. Or if I wait too long between logging in and clicking on "New Posts."

Alternatively, I use "User CP" (again, in blue-ish purple line at the top) > "View all watched threads" (at the bottom of the list) to see all threads that I have posted in myself. If you check the dates there, you should find the ones that have gotten new posts since you last were here.

Not sure if this is helpful, but I thought I'd throw it out here. :)

nisaba
15-04-2010, 22:24
<sadly> No, non e of that really applies. Oh well, it's one of those Mysteries of Nature.