Has anyone ever?...

shadowdancer

with all the decks in their collection, put together a hybrid deck made up of their favourite cards from all decks?

I have put together a hypothetical shortlist of what cards from all my current decks would / could go into this 'master' deck. It is an interesting exercise and not as easy as I thought it would be.

I was surprised to see I struggled to find the 'jump out and hit you between the eyes' Strength card, and a small handful of courts also caused headscratching. Yet other cards it was a case of 'eenie meanie minie mo' to narrow it down.

My collection has halved in the past 6 months or so, and it would be interesting to see if cards from those traded decks would have made the shortlist. Having said that I am happy with how it is going so far. It is a fun exercise to consider which cards would be chosen and why. Certainly isn't from any one genre or art style so far, but I do like to see some real personality and character along with some great story telling. Looking at the majors so far, none can really be classed as the typical RWS but do have links with the system. And it does look cool :D

Davina

nisaba

A few months ago someone was talking about combining their favourite cards from three decks by the same designer; and there is the Frankenfurter deck, taking cards from y8 different decks to make a unique composite deck.

You can really do whatever you like with the resources you have.

Dusk Till Dawn

nisaba said:
A few months ago someone was talking about combining their favourite cards from three decks by the same designer; and there is the Frankenfurter deck, taking cards from y8 different decks to make a unique composite deck.

You can really do whatever you like with the resources you have.
LOL! Frankenstein I guess it was called.. That's funny!

214red

love the idea of doing that, but i only have a few decks as am not a collector.
would love to see who manages to do it, and the results

Le Fanu

Yes the Frankendecken; Tarot of the 78 Spares (nisbaba, I think you have the Rocky Horror Picture Show on your mind :D), a deck entirely made of spares from different decks. It is almost reaching completion and is about to be unleashed across the globe...

Wendywu

Le Fanu said:
(nisbaba, I think you have the Rocky Horror Picture Show on your mind :D)

It's my sleazy deck that did it :joke:

Onyx

I did this a couple of months ago with my Lo Scarabeo decks since they are all the same size. It was funny though loved all the cards individually but hated them all together. Gave ma a greater understanding of the unity of the deck's integrity. It was a fun way to spend a night.

Onyx

NorthernTigress

nisaba said:
A few months ago someone was talking about combining their favourite cards from three decks by the same designer.

That was me. I took my favorite cards from the Ciro Marchetti decks and created my "Legacy of Gilded Dreams" deck. I even did a few readings with it, but the fact that the standard ToD was a tiny bit bigger than the others irritated me, so I took it apart again. (I'm too much of a coward to Trim, especially such a small amount.)

I still have the list though, so I can re-create my perfect deck if I ever need it.

shadowdancer

well I am tempted to scan the cards and where necessary do a wee trim in paintshop pro and print a sheet out to see how they look.

In theory a 'definitive' deck made up of the images that most resonate should be a good reading deck. That is in theory. I take on board comments if they come from different decks it doesn't gell well together but I may give it a try..

I even had a thought during the night (was a sleepless one) that I could even use a handful of the Osho deck to perhaps extend my Majors and make it in the region of 85 cards. There are a few from that deck which are outside the regular RWS system yet add another dimension if they come up in a reading. I am assuming if it is strictly for private use there is no issue re copyrights, and they are all decks I own at the moment anyways. In total I think there are something like 30 decks represented

Davina

nisaba

Seeker*13* said:
LOL! Frankenstein I guess it was called.. That's funny!
Well, Frankendecker, I think, but I prefer Frankenfurter, for its foody implication s ...