A Wonderful Ste for PCS!

jackdaw*

Looks really interesting, Roppo - thanks for the link :)

mary ventura

What a treasure !!! I'm going to spend a couple of hours looking through this site. In my first brief scanning through the site, I found this wonderful article written by Pamela Colman Smith, addressed to art students.

A couple of quotes from that article

Think good thoughts of beautiful things, colors, sounds, places, not mean thoughts. When you see a lot of dirty people in a crowd, do not remember only the dirt, but the great spirit that is in them all, and the power that they represent. For through ugliness is beauty sometimes found.

And then this gem:
The illustrations that I see in the magazines by the younger people are all dignified and well, carefully and conscientiously drawn, --but their appalling clumsiness is quite beyond me,--their lack of charm and grace.

I do not mean by charm, prettiness, but an appreciation of beauty. Ugliness is beauty, but with a difference, a nobleness that speaks through all the hard crust of convention.
(emphasis added)

Mary Ventura

Teheuti

You'll find information here on PCS (and pictures) that I've never seen anywhere else. What an excellent resource.

Little Hare

This is such a great resource!!!

CastleCrest

Thanks!!!

photokat

Wow I never knew she went to Pratt in Brooklyn. Great site - thanks !

starchild

what a fantastic site. so much i didnt know. thankyou.

Freddie

Cool site!!!! Thank you!!!!

Freddie