Natal Chart reading request

obeygravity

I've been on the fence about getting into astrology for the simple fact that I don't remember details very well, but I have to be honest in saying that I'm still incredibly curious about what my natal chart says about me, so I'm hoping that someone has the free time to sit down and guide me through my own birth chart and possibly teach me some simple quick tricks to reading a birth chart. I'll be completely willing to provide detailed feedback, and am fine with all information being posted on the forum as well.

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n196/ChoixNoir/astro_w2gw_01_mildred_hp441525570.gif

Minderwiz

I've got quite a bit on at the moment, having promised some predictions to another member. I hope someone will take you up but if no one does, I should have some time in a week or so.

obeygravity

I certainly hope someone comes by, but I'm also willing to wait otherwise :) Thanks!

dadsnook2000

A tid-bit of information

You are right in that reading a natal chart takes time --- plus reading one "blind" without knowing the person or being able to engage in dialog while doing the reading is an exercise that is not overly exciting for the astrologer.

However, let me get you started. You have undoubtedly seen your Mercury conjunct your Ascendant. And perhaps wondered how it expressed itself? Let me say this, "You have an inner vision and the intelligence to use it. Often, your imagination and fantasies can play a role in giving you direction or in providing answers to your questions in time." This statement isn't anything special on my part. But, you should meditate on this.

Do you have a "need" to explore knowledge, a wish to better understand those around you or to read about history? Do you like to talk, write and meet with others who have like interests to yours?

You can learn a lot about astrology just by meditating on these statements. Learning a little bit will help you to the next step. Its a long path to learning astrology, but not if you have the patience to go a step at a time. Start by asking yourself why I said what I said. Good luck. Dave

obeygravity

dadsnook2000 said:
You are right in that reading a natal chart takes time --- plus reading one "blind" without knowing the person or being able to engage in dialog while doing the reading is an exercise that is not overly exciting for the astrologer.

Yeah, I'd imagine. If the lack of dialogue where a problem, I'd be completely willing to arrange an 'online appointment' type of deal where at a certain time, we'd both log onto some chatting platform to engage in real time if someone were open to doing it. I am very curious and am willing to do what I can to help make the process easier and more enjoyable for who ever it is that's decided to help me.

However, let me get you started. You have undoubtedly seen your Mercury conjunct your Ascendant. And perhaps wondered how it expressed itself? Let me say this, "You have an inner vision and the intelligence to use it. Often, your imagination and fantasies can play a role in giving you direction or in providing answers to your questions in time." This statement isn't anything special on my part. But, you should meditate on this.

That's actually kind of freakishly accurate. I have a constant 'inner dialogue' that goes on, especially when I'm trying to help decide on something or try to rationalize it.

Do you have a "need" to explore knowledge, a wish to better understand those around you or to read about history? Do you like to talk, write and meet with others who have like interests to yours?

Yes. I actually have a serious drive of going into psychology because I want to understand the people around me that much. I love knowing why and how people tick, figuring out what's made them who they are, what's caused them to be placed on this given path. I've also become a bit more of a talker over the years, though not so much of a writer, but I do enjoy having people who have some similar interests as me, but then again, I wonder who doesn't? :laugh:

You can learn a lot about astrology just by meditating on these statements. Learning a little bit will help you to the next step. Its a long path to learning astrology, but not if you have the patience to go a step at a time. Start by asking yourself why I said what I said. Good luck. Dave

Thanks very much for this! It's definitely information that I'll be meditating more on :)

dadsnook2000

The "modern" approach to astrology

For all of the list participants and followers. This comment on obeygravity's chart might be seen as one of the "modern" approaches to astrology as compared to Minderwiz's traditional approach. The idea is to just take the whole shape or nature of the chart into one's mind and then apply the methodology that fits with the chart.

It is sort of free-form reading. I'm not saying its better, it's just different. No matter how you approach it, getting to a level where you just say something and the other person says "that is freakishly accurate" only comes with deep study over a period of time. Someone can read your chart for you, but what do you do next month? Sooner or later, it is best to move toward some level of understanding. Dave

Minderwiz

Totally agree with you Dave!!

I'd also add (and I think this goes for both of us) that it's far more interesting for a reader to look at what the future holds rather than just giving a character reading.

Yes that's the starting point for both of us and the Astrologer needs to have a real understanding of the person that he or she will forecast for - but in many ways you are telling someone what the already know (or should know). This is valuable for the Astrologer, but not necessarily for the client. It's that forecast that gives a thrill, being able to spot happenings before they've happened.

I don't claim to be good at that but I enjoy doing it! Dave on the other hand has a fistful of years of practice and I'm sure he still gets a buzz from getting the prediction right.

obeygravity

Well, I can honestly say that I'm still very curious as to how the planets reflect my personality and I wasn't even thinking too much about the predictive aspect but... now I'm incredibly curious as to how things might pan out hahaha

obeygravity

Just posting to let people know that I'm still interested in this. I can even try to get a tarot reading done in exchange as well and will try hard to make that the equivalent to the reading I receive.

obeygravity

Mmm, still looking to get this done in case anyone has free time and is open to doing this :laugh: