Tarot and Perfume, oh my!

greatdane

OK, since a tarot card is enclosed, I'm putting this under Talking Tarot. If there's already a link or post re this, sorry for any duplication. Originally I got the site from Morticia Monroe, but just saw this link.

For anyone who hasn't seen this:

http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/vampiretarot.html

RexMalaki

very interesting....

I wonder if it smells like turpentine and looks like India ink, lol.

The style on the Fool there has a New Orleans feel to it. The scent? No Idea.

~wishin I wuz in New York at Readers Studio~

greatdane

Good Questions, Rex

Under each "card" scent there is a description and the oils used, but again, that really doesn't tell one what it will smell like on them. Just loved the tarot combo with scent!

Sorry you can't be in NY, Rex!

GD

victoria.star

i love Black Pheonix Alchemy Lab oils!
i have never smelled their tarot line, but they have some incredible stuff.
eta: their rappucini's garden line sounds incredible!!

greatdane

Hi VictoriaStar!

I just came across the one with the tarot card so HAD to post! How could I not?! Black Phoenix oils AND a tarot card!! And tarot tshirts!!! OH, MY!

I love just reading their descriptions of their fragrances. I have a LIST of one's I want to get Imps Ears of! Which is your favorite?

strings of life

This has been out for quite sometime (well a year).

Here's the original press release; I only have this since I blogged about it ;).

Quite cool!

greatdane

Thanks Aurarcana!

I just stumbled upon it today. I had to post as it had two of my favorite things: tarot and scents! So, Aurarcana, which is your favorite of all the incredible perfumes!

strings of life

^ :)

I didn't buy any of them. If the set were affordable (instead of one perfum and one card), I would try them...

I so want these cards though! Black and white and drawn by Neil Gaiman = perfect.

But, I do love like victoria.star said, Black Pheonix Alchemy Lab items are divine.

They also made a line of perfume for Amanda Palmer :love: (also Neil Gaiman's fiance ) to coincide with a book they made for one of her albums.

Lilija

I love their scents, so much. I have dozens of bottles and imps ears littered all over my desk. I've smelled their older tarot blends, and if these are anything like those, they're complex, interesting, unexpected, and everchanging.

Someone upthread mentioned that they don't mention what it would smell like wearing it... Their review section at this link has exactly what you're looking for. I always read a handful of reviews, to see if I'll like something, and generally a cross section, some parts of all the reviews are true, for me. Very helpful in picking a scent.

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showforum=3

Also somewhat tarot related, check out the scent from there, Madame Moriarity's Misforture Telling, from the Carnaval Diabolique section. It's my personal signature scent :)