Ever predict PAST events to learn the cards?

Amanda

Here is an example of what I mean:

Today I participated in selling children's items at a bazaar. I've also, for the life of me, been trying to get a grip on these Madame Endora cards. The event ended earlier today, but I decided to 'predict' how it would go by placing myself and my question 2 days ago. I figure you could probably do this with tarot too.

The reading I did came out really accurate- or at least, it seems that way since I already know what happened! :D But, it is giving me quite a different view on my cards... has anyone ever done this? Or am I just a bit loopy? :p

AJ

This is an excellent learning technique which, as you say, helps you see past keywords to real situations. There are a couple of books that do this with famous people whose life are open books.

celticnoodle

Amanda_04 said:
Here is an example of what I mean:

Today I participated in selling children's items at a bazaar. I've also, for the life of me, been trying to get a grip on these Madame Endora cards. The event ended earlier today, but I decided to 'predict' how it would go by placing myself and my question 2 days ago. I figure you could probably do this with tarot too.

The reading I did came out really accurate- or at least, it seems that way since I already know what happened! :D But, it is giving me quite a different view on my cards... has anyone ever done this? Or am I just a bit loopy? :p

well, i've never done this exactly like you've described here. but! this said, when I first began to read cards, I used this 15 card spread, and the first 3 cards were for the present time, which could also be from 2wks past and 2 wks future. the next 3 cards would represent the immediate past, that would be from anything of 1 day ago to 3mos. ago, but it also had an impact on the present and the the next 9 cards, which all pointed to the future.

this spread was the very first spread I ever used and I also used it to help me 'learn the cards'.

and the past cards that i would lay out often did express things that occurred in the past and shocked my client that i could 'see' that in the cards.

some examples that I can recall -

1. one client came to me for a reading, and I saw that her ex husband had been giving her a fit regarding monies he owed her and was lying about why he couldn't pay her. I was right.

2. another client I was reading for I could see that she had an upset with her s.o. by catching him red handed with another woman and not being sure if she should forgive him or not.

3. and yet, another client I read for, I saw that a young male in her family had recently lost his job and shocked them all by planning to go back to school in a health related field. (it was shocking to them, because he was 45yrs. old)

I knew nothing on any of these clients issues at the time. I also never have them ask a question out loud. I prefer for them to concentrate on their question silently while shuffling the cards, and then I hope to answer their questions ON that subject when the cards are layed out.

so, yeah, I've predicted past events - but not in the same way as you mentioned here.

The crowned one

AJ said:
This is an excellent learning technique which, as you say, helps you see past keywords to real situations. There are a couple of books that do this with famous people whose life are open books.

"Tarot tells the tale" comes to mind. A very good book.

metal_romantic

The crowned one said:

Yes, a lovely book!

Another that springs to mind is the Back in Time Tarot Book by Janet Boyer. :)

greatdane

I don't think you're loopy, Amanda!

I think you are just starting to get a really good take on what you know.

GD

Amanda

AJ said:

Oh, I didn't know that! I only read about 3 or so books when I first started: Tarot Plain and Simple, Power Tarot, and the one by the Amberstones on symbols. I've just glanced through anything else I've come across for spreads, or books with decks, etc. Had no idea anyone ever put this idea on paper anywhere! :) I just kind of jumped right in and went my own way over the years; too bad I didn't come across this idea sooner! :) (And, it's definitely helping with the fortune cards, which are the hardest thing I've ever had to try to connect to for some reason!)

Amanda

celticnoodle said:
well, i've never done this exactly like you've described here. but! this said, when I first began to read cards, I used this 15 card spread, and the first 3 cards were for the present time, which could also be from 2wks past and 2 wks future. the next 3 cards would represent the immediate past, that would be from anything of 1 day ago to 3mos. ago, but it also had an impact on the present and the the next 9 cards, which all pointed to the future.

Sounds interesting! I need more practice on predicting things. The spread that I used today was future-oriented and only used 4 cards. I just 'placed' myself back to 2 days ago and asked the question, how will it go? It looks like this:

1. Outlook for event:
2. Who/what will help or hinder:
3. What this will lead to:
4. How you will feel about the outcome:

And by doing that, perhaps even my predicting skills will get a little better! :)

this spread was the very first spread I ever used and I also used it to help me 'learn the cards'.

and the past cards that i would lay out often did express things that occurred in the past and shocked my client that i could 'see' that in the cards.

some examples that I can recall -

1. one client came to me for a reading, and I saw that her ex husband had been giving her a fit regarding monies he owed her and was lying about why he couldn't pay her. I was right.

2. another client I was reading for I could see that she had an upset with her s.o. by catching him red handed with another woman and not being sure if she should forgive him or not.

3. and yet, another client I read for, I saw that a young male in her family had recently lost his job and shocked them all by planning to go back to school in a health related field. (it was shocking to them, because he was 45yrs. old)

I knew nothing on any of these clients issues at the time. I also never have them ask a question out loud. I prefer for them to concentrate on their question silently while shuffling the cards, and then I hope to answer their questions ON that subject when the cards are layed out.

so, yeah, I've predicted past events - but not in the same way as you mentioned here.

That's still pretty cool in my opinion- I never did it quite like you've got it here, mainly I think because I haven't worked with a PPF spread too much and/or others never ask about the past. :laugh: But your spread seems like a good one that gives a round-about view (which I think are the best kind of readings!).

Amanda

The crowned one said:

metal_romantic said:
Yes, a lovely book!

Another that springs to mind is the Back in Time Tarot Book by Janet Boyer. :)

Sheesh, where have I been? Guess I should have taken more time to read on my tarot journey. :laugh:

Amanda

greatdane said:
I think you are just starting to get a really good take on what you know.

GD

Yes, you're probably right. Which begs the question, "What do I know?" But that would be a whole other thread. :p