Reversals

D-rea

Hey all-

I was wondering how you all get your reversals into your decks. I have preferred not to use reversals in most decks. I do feel however that sometimes cards that show up, should be reversed.
So Im wondering- how best to change a deck from being all upright to a deck with some reversals?

This may sound like a dumb question, but in my experience, when I have changed a deck to having reversals (by swirling the cards all around) I ended up with an exorbitant amount of reversals!!!

So how do YOU do it?
Thanks
Drea

hazlit

Hi Drea :)

I don't usually read reversals in my working decks, however I do have one deck I use for yes/no questions and I reversed the cards by cutting the deck exactly in half, turning one half around 180 degrees and doing a riffle shuffle (to distribute the reversals evenly - I was a croupier in years gone by so I know how to do this shuffle very effectively). I NEVER normally do such a shuffle due to the stress it places on the cards, however I've only had to do this once with that particular deck.

Blessings
{(~_~)}

pasara

Hi D-rea.
There is a whole section on reversals and shuffling in the Using Cards forum. Here is the link.

You can also do a search using the search tab at the top of the page.
I think you will find a lot of information you are looking for there. Good luck!