using a box with salt

Annia

There is a fortune teller I go to once in a while. She uses the Lenormand cards and she's really good.
She can tell you things about the past and present that are so accurate and detailled, I wonder how she does it.
Her foretelling about the future has always been more than correct.

So last time I told her that I laid the tarot cards and she asked me how I kept them.
I told her that I kept them in their original box in a drawer and she replied that this was a big mistake many people made.
I'd need to put it in a nice box (it might have been wooden, I can't remember) and told me I'd have to put salt into that box aswell.
Otherwhise the cards could turn against me and tell me lies, the salt would be a protective spell to clean them after each spread.

I'm not sure what to make of this, she's been so right about everything else, but this goes a bit too far into the hocus pocus for my likes.

What do you think about this?

The Guided Hermit

I'm sure the ones who follow will paraphrase this but "to each their own."

What works for her, works for her. Others do just as you and have no problems. What ever works is fine with me.

Silver Crow

I've always kept salt in my wood tarot storage boxes (read-cigar boxes), in a doubled over organza bag. I don't remember how I learned to do it though, but I do know it is to cleanse the cards or recharge them so to speak for the next reading. I also smudge the deck when I start a reading a well.

Queen of the moon

Salt absorbs the negative energy that may have got "stucked" to the cards after a reading. Now and then you need to change it.

ncefafn

I'd be more afraid of the damage the salt could do to the cards physically. Personally, I just shuffle like mad if I want to "clean" the deck of old energy, and I store my decks either in their original boxes, or in bags.

Le Fanu

Where's that thread that Grizabella was compiling about Tarot Myths? :)

starrystarrynight

I would be careful about keeping salt anywhere near a box that has metal hinges or latches : Corrosion. Over years, it could react with the paints or dyes on the cards, themselves, too, and pit and ruin them.

I side with Le Fanu: Tarot Myth.

SunChariot

Cards do not turn against us. They are just cardboard with pretty pictures and no mind or will of their own. We are the ones who make the connection to that place that sends the answers, but the cards cannot think or feel anything at all on their own. And they can only do what we make them do through the power of our own will.

There is no need to do anything to ensure that they don't turn against you as they are not capable of that,

Babs

MoonGypsy

(((((YAY BABS!!!!!!))))) :thumbsup: i agree wholeheartedly, dear sister! :* Namaste!!!!

Big Warm Hugs,
MGxxx