may sound like silly questions....

amethyst57

but...
have any of you had the cards not reply to one question and tell you something different?
or tell you things about someone or something that turned out not to be true?

tarotreader2007

Sometimes when asking for advice, a question isn't the best way to go about trying to garner information from a source. Try concentrating on a topic/person/etc.

I don't believe tarot can be "wrong" or "right"; it is all based in perspective. Perhaps you have assumed one perspective without thinking of seeing it from a different perspective?

Tarot doesn't so much as tell you what you don't know but instead, what you don't see.

Peace and Love.

Callanish

rockersgurl said:
but...
have any of you had the cards not reply to one question and tell you something different?

Many times!! I've always said Tarot never tells you what you want to know, only what you need to know.

Rev_Vesta

For me personally I like to think of us as Tarot readers, as Interpretators, Translators....and the Cards are an imagery tool, like in charades, to assist in the interpretation....it is how we perceive the images to how we interprete them, we all use different words to translate the card into sentences that the querant will understand but sometimes we just get it wrong and we have to look at it again and try again.....and finally we find the words that the querant understands.. in their language....lol

Hope that makes sense....

SunChariot

rockersgurl said:
but...

There are no silly questions ever in Tarot. We all start off knowing nothing and have to read or ask to find out anything we want to know.

Ok, that is two questions.:grin:

1) Yes I have had thata where you ask one question and the cards answer another one. My belief is that that happens when there is somethign that the universe urgently wants to tell you, that it thinks it is essential for you to know it and you are not asking. So there you are with the cards in your hand, the universe has the means to communicate with you and it just takes advantage of the situation to tell you what it is that you really need to know.

2) Yes, the cards have told me things that did not turn out to be true. But in most cases that that happens my belief is that the situation changed and so the reading was invalidiated. This happens a lot in readings about the future, as the future is always subject to change. Readings abotu the future are usually right, but there is always that chance that the future could change after the reading was done. When this happens the reading seems inaccurate, but it was perfectly accurate at the time it was done. Things just....changed.

Babs

EarthFaery

I have never once had the cards tell me something that isn't true, but they very often tell me something other than what I'm asking, it can be very irritating :laugh:, especially when it's something meant for me smack dab in the middle of a reading for someone else...usually a heads up warning of some kind and I recognize it right away because, well first I get a strange feeling comes over me and the cards won't make a bit of sense to the question I'm asking or make any sense in relation to the reading no matter what. I call it "intruder alert" hahaha.
It means there is nothing more (or at all) that can be read on that subject so on to something else, they have to say something! :D